Re: Xbox game pass/EA Play with Origin

by EA_Darko

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Xbox game pass/EA Play with Origin

★ Apprentice

I linked my XBox account, booted up the Xbox app, ran Titanfall ,2 which sent me to the EA Desktop app, which loaded the game and everything works and EA Desktop shows I have EA Play as well as in my EA account.

Great right?

HOWEVER when using Origin, its shows that I don't have EA Play. I'd have thought that since its the same account, it would tell both apps I have it?

Also if I run Battlefield 1 through the Desktop app, its says I only have 15 minutes left! I have 635 hours in that game as I own it!

Have tried clearing the caches of both to see if that fixes it but it didn't do anything.

Is there anyway to fix this? I keep hearing about the "One XBox account in a lifetime of an EA account" but that's not the issue here as it obviously is connected correctly at some point to allow me to use EA Play through the desktop app

Message 1 of 25 (27,171 Views)

Accepted Solution
Highlighted

Community Manager

Hey @Murray667, our membership is available on each platform for $4.99, or regional equivalent. There is no cross platform subscription at this time. As such if you wish to use EA Play on different platforms then you will need an active membership on each.

If using EA Play through Game Pass then you will only be able to access EA Play games through EA Desktop. If you wish to play on Origin then you will need to be a member there.

As for the issue with BF1, are you sure that you have not downloaded and installed a trial of the game?

Darko

Darko.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 25 (27,120 Views)

All Replies
Highlighted

Community Manager

Hey @Murray667, our membership is available on each platform for $4.99, or regional equivalent. There is no cross platform subscription at this time. As such if you wish to use EA Play on different platforms then you will need an active membership on each.

If using EA Play through Game Pass then you will only be able to access EA Play games through EA Desktop. If you wish to play on Origin then you will need to be a member there.

As for the issue with BF1, are you sure that you have not downloaded and installed a trial of the game?

Darko

Darko.png
Message 2 of 25 (27,121 Views)

★ Apprentice

Thanks for the reply.

I'm not using it for cross platform, only on PC.

Thats a bit of a strange policy having to have it seperate for the desktop app and origin but ok.

No I've not downloaded any trials for BF1. Might it have gotten confused when I had ea play previously through origin (not game pass) and thinks it upgraded me to legendary edition or whatever it's called.

On origin, there's no timer. Guess I'll find out when I use the 15 minutes up 😬

Message 3 of 25 (27,109 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Hey @Murray667 it would be considered cross-platform as your membership is through Game Pass which includes EA Play on EA Desktop, it doesn't grant access to EA Play through Origin. To be an EA Play member on Origin you would need to sign up.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 4 of 25 (27,112 Views)

★★★★ Novice

If you'll take some feedback about this, this does seem rather silly. It's cross-platform anyways if you're using the EA Desktop app, since it's on a desktop. In my case, I was subscribed to EA Play through Origin and now that Game Pass Ultimate includes EA Play, I un-subbed and have to move everything to EA Desktop to play my games. Very unfortunate. I don't understand why it's been implemented this way. 

If it's because of a catalog difference, I suggest allowing people that already have established Origin libraries to access games included in EA Play/GamePass through Origin, and just lock whatever's not included. OR, allow for EA Play to detect games already installed through Origin so that we don't need to fool around with redownloading or re-locating files. 

Overall, I'm happy about the merging of EA Play and Game Pass, and hope to see things like this improve going forward. 

Message 5 of 25 (27,001 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@EA_Darko can i like change if its on ea desktop to origin orrrr
rr
Message 6 of 25 (25,887 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @Issaaxoxo if receiving EA Play through Game Pass Ultimate then you can only access the EA games through EA Desktop.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 7 of 25 (25,850 Views)

★★★ Newbie

sorry * company LOL

Message 8 of 25 (24,714 Views)

★ Apprentice
@EA_Darko This is just plain false information. With Game Pass Ultimate you are supposed to have access to EA Play titles on PC. Stop spreading false information.
Message 9 of 25 (23,677 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @Exa2911 please do not call out CMs and post in such a manner.

If you check my post above you will see that I mention that Game Pass Ultimate members get access to EA Play games on PC through EA Desktop.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 10 of 25 (23,637 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

Troubleshoot issues with EA Play

Get help with The Play List, your discount, DLC, and more.

Check here for answers.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help