Re: Xbox Game Saves Onto PC Via Game Pass

by CarbonCarl

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Xbox Game Saves Onto PC Via Game Pass

★★ Novice

I just realized that EA Play finally was out with Xbox Game Pass and I started downloading the EA games I play. I had downloaded them via Origin before but my saves from Xbox were not there (doesn't save via EA Play I guess). But these games I have already played on Xbox like Anthem, Battlefront 2, NFS Heat, and Fallen Order. Now that Xbox Game Pass finally has EA Play games I can download on PC, will my Xbox saves transfer over since I am using it through Xbox Game Pass? I see that it makes me open up this EA Desktop app and was not sure if since it does that then my Xbox saves will not be there?

Message 1 of 8 (12,729 Views)

Accepted Solution

Champion (Retired)
Hi @dragohnz

Unfortunately game progress(saves) and items do not transfer across platforms. I think this is because of the way data is saved on each platform, they use different file types etc.

So any game played on another platform you would have to start fresh.

View in thread

Message 2 of 8 (12,690 Views)

All Replies

Champion (Retired)
Hi @dragohnz

Unfortunately game progress(saves) and items do not transfer across platforms. I think this is because of the way data is saved on each platform, they use different file types etc.

So any game played on another platform you would have to start fresh.
Message 2 of 8 (12,691 Views)

★ Novice

No they force you to use EA desktop, even though the games are published on Microsoft and xbox. So even though Microsoft has an alerady tuned and working platform ie xbox app on pc. EA is forcing you to use their terrible EA desktop which doesnt transfer over your saves. When they could just let you use the xbox app and most likely since other games I've downloaded have had my saved data (Halo MCC, DOOM, Halo wars 2, and so on) would let you keep all your progress on EA games. But that's just EA making really terrible decisions that are super anti consumer friendly. 

So unless you wanna completely restart your stuck on xbox with every EA game and only EA games if that's where you first played it. Thanks EA👍 

Message 3 of 8 (12,527 Views)

★ Apprentice

Thats kind of sad. EA should make it possible asap so i can continue to play in Xbox cloud gaming

Message 4 of 8 (10,858 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I wanted to play dead space on Xbox cloud gaming(mobile) and on ea desktop when on PC, saves don't cross over :/

But I will say EA has mouse and keyboard compatibility when Xbox PC cloud gaming does not. 

And EA offers so many more settings to play with when comparing the graphics on Xbox PC cloud gaming and just installing 7gb for dead space on the EA app. The EA app It's a much better version. Not an opinion.

Message 5 of 8 (10,330 Views)

★★★ Newbie

It really sucks that they do this. its like they are tring to F you up

Message 6 of 8 (7,633 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@CarbonCarl Why i have save’s when im play on PC on Xbox Cloud Gaming then i start play on local Game in NFS Heat don’t have save’s? What is this? Can you talk? I don’t understand that.
Message 7 of 8 (6,351 Views)

@dragohnz Unfortunately not all games are even going to show up. They are still trying to rid the world of a good game. So much so to the point they have removed a ton of original threads to ensure they can't be touched on.
Message 8 of 8 (4,693 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

Troubleshoot issues with EA Play

Get help with The Play List, your discount, DLC, and more.

Check here for answers.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help