Xbox Game Pass vs EA account disaster

by javathehat

Original Post

Re: Xbox Game Pass vs EA account disaster

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

I'm in the same boat. I found that I had an old xbox 360 account I hadn't used in 5 years linked to my EA account. Unlinked thinking I could just link to my newer Gamepass account. Little did I know the drama to entail! 

It's an ancient policy that needs to be updated to reflect today, where people can freely move accounts. Being forced to create a new EA account and lose all progress is a pathetic resolution.

Message 21 of 36 (962 Views)

★★★ Newbie

So what's the solution here, just make a new account for Game Pass? How am i supposed to trust a service like this -bugged even before starting- and spend money on your platform?

Message 22 of 36 (935 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Unfortunatly that's the only work around their giving us right now. Have to create a seperate account from your main EA account just to make a successful Game Pass-EA Play link. It's an annoying hassel and they should update their policy to remove this one Xbox account for the lifetime restriction.

Message 23 of 36 (908 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Sure, but what happens when they fix this lunacy. You then have to hope they have the system in place, to let you unlink from your burner EA account and re-link to your correct one.

I would bet money there will be some arbitrary rule in place to prevent that.

"I'm sorry you have to wait 6 months to re-link blah blah..."

The fact that their CS reps don't have the tools to do this for us, makes me think they found a hairline fracture exploit and decided to fix it with a hammer.

Message 24 of 36 (876 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Can you please provide contact information for someone who is able to resolve issues like this?

Message 25 of 36 (774 Views)

★★ Apprentice

@Sassy_Jacc wrote:

Can you please provide contact information for someone who is able to resolve issues like this?

Unfortunately nobody in EA can help with this. They don't really care. Forum admins will send you to support and support will tell you that they can't fix it and that's the end of the road Frown

Message 26 of 36 (769 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

@javathehat wrote:

@Sassy_Jacc wrote:

Unfortunately nobody in EA can help with this. They don't really care. Forum admins will send you to support and support will tell you that they can't fix it and that's the end of the road Frown

I even sent a confirmation of ownership of my Gamertag from Microsoft support and they would not assist. There needs to be someone else we can contact.

Message 27 of 36 (766 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

They need to dump EA Desktop already.
People pay for the subscriptions and can't use it.

Message 28 of 36 (736 Views)

★★★ Newbie

@menarche You seemed to be having the same issue i did on your old post from a month ago. I don't know if this will help you but my xbox account was linked to my old ea account I no longer had access too. If you go to ea.help ( i was on the link accounts support page ) try and log in with your xbox account. It logged me into the ea account through the xbox account and I was able to go to top left to some setting manage my account and unlink my xbox account from there. I will probably never be back on this god forsaken website so if I can help you anymore hmu on xbox. 'Curcheese'

Message 29 of 36 (686 Views)

★★ Novice

@Sassy_Jacc wrote:

@javathehat wrote:

@Sassy_Jacc wrote:

I even sent a confirmation of ownership of my Gamertag from Microsoft support and they would not assist. There needs to be someone else we can contact.

It makes zero sense to me why you can't unlink a Gamertag that you can prove you own, it's not even EA's property, it's Microsoft's!!! It's a joke

Message 30 of 36 (505 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

Troubleshoot issues with EA Play

Get help with The Play List, your discount, DLC, and more.

Check here for answers.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help