Xbox Game Pass vs EA account disaster

by javathehat

Original Post

Re: Xbox Game Pass vs EA account disaster

★ Guide
@javathehat Agreed. We get it. AnswersHQ is not able to fix it. However, anyone in EA should be able to upchannel these compounding issues with linking accounts. @EA_Darko needs to do this, and let us know they are doing this. @EAHelp on Twitter needs to acknowledge this officially to show that EA cares.

Instead, we keep getting canned responses, run around with unhelpful chat technicians.
Message 11 of 36 (790 Views)

★★★ Novice

Just adding I have the same problem, also posted on this forum and contacted support twice after Darko told me to contact support again.

It's a ridiculous problem created by EA that seems to serve no purpose, I'd really appreciate a response

Message 12 of 36 (778 Views)

★★★ Novice

@javathehat The only positive is that you are able to link something and play... I have linked accounts (and I only have one xbox/microsoft and one EA account. However, whenever I try to install anything I get the "Install EA Desktop" prompt (even though it is installed) and whatever I click on ends with "failed". Brilliant.

Message 13 of 36 (764 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@OMyrvold Sorry to hear that you can't even play. I saw this post earlier (below). Not sure if it's a match but there appears to be quite a few issues with that Xbox / EA integration..

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports-Technical-Issues/Info-Request-Xbox-Game-Pass-quot-Sign-Up-for-...
Message 14 of 36 (743 Views)

★★★ Novice

@javathehat I found this https://answers.ea.com/t5/EA-Play-PC/I-can-t-install-EA-Play-games-in-xbox-game-pass/m-p/10181436#M1... and the link there, that worked. But I really don't want to have UAC enabled Frown

Message 15 of 36 (735 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@OMyrvold Oh myyy. So workarounds instead of solutions. I'd say "typical" but sometimes they don't even have a workaround...
Message 16 of 36 (731 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Have this as well. They really need to fix this draconian policy of only one account type linked for the lifetime of your EA account. What is even the point of giving us the ability to unlink your account from the connections tab of your profile if your not truely unlinked from that old Xbox account.

Message 17 of 36 (709 Views)

★★★ Novice

@javathehat Yup. Idk if it's ok to disable it after the game is installed or not though. Guess I'll try tomorrow or something Standard smile

Message 18 of 36 (700 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

What's bad is that it's not even that I can't access the old account that it's linked to, it's that the whole account doesn't even exist anymore. Yet somehow my xbox profile is still linked to an EA account I deleted. EA literally has no solution for this, and are just content with not allowing you to ever be their customer. 

Did EA lose the programmers who made the thing in the first place? I find it hard to believe that somehow nobody can fix this antiquated system. Is the database controlled by a rogue A.I. that no longer allows humans to edit? Maybe EA did a cost-analysis that all of the people they lose from this system doesn't add up to the cost of having their developers fix it. The support staff acting like there is no solution is just laziness and a failure to escalate. I've been in situations like these and there's always a solution, rather than the don't-care mentality we are getting.

Message 19 of 36 (681 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Exact same Issue. I'm a PC guy who made the mistake of playing on an Xbox 360, for a month, 10 years ago and now I can't get access to the service I'm paying for.

I was able to unlink the dead 360 account without issue and now that I try to link the correct Microsoft account, I'm told my EA account can only have one Xbox account linked to it in its lifetime?! What's the point in giving the option to unlink the old account? It did nothing but hide the old account.

I've had the same Origin account since it launched. I don't want or need another one.

Expecting us to make a burner EA account, which requires creating a burner email account, just to use the service we're expected to keep subscribed to is absurd.

"Linked Accounts Found
Your accounts can’t be linked because the EA Account for *****@email.com was previously linked to the Xbox account for ******. An EA Account can only be linked to one Xbox account in its lifetime."

Message 20 of 36 (662 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

Troubleshoot issues with EA Play

Get help with The Play List, your discount, DLC, and more.

Check here for answers.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help