Re: Will Squadrons be available via EA Play Pro?

by coltifus

Original Post

Will Squadrons be under the EA Play Play First scheme?

★★★★★ Newbie

I was wondering if, as an EA Play Basic subscriber, if I will get the 10 hour trial 7 days prior to release like with some other games.

Message 1 of 12 (1,401 Views)

Re: Will Squadrons be under the EA Play Play First scheme?

Champion (Retired)
Hi @oscarpayne

You will get a 10hr trial for sure but it will be from release date October 1st, I don't think they have announced any kind of early access for anyone.
Message 2 of 12 (1,385 Views)

Will Squadrons be available via EA Play Pro?

★★ Novice

I noticed that it doesn't have the play pro tag on origin, although it has been erroneous before. Seems a bit odd because most EA published titles are available on it

Message 3 of 12 (1,383 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

@TheRustyTigger @oscarpayne @CarbonCarl 

"Make sure your EA Account email preferences are switched on so you’ll be the first to know what’s available with your membership on your favorite upcoming titles like Madden NFL 21, FIFA 21, and Star Wars™: Squadrons."

https://answers.ea.com/t5/EA-Play-PC/Origin-Access-and-EA-Access-have-a-new-name/m-p/9417293

barry.png
Message 4 of 12 (1,367 Views)

★★ Novice

This isn't an answer though, this is just deflecting from the question.  We know we get the cosmetics, i'm not buying the game when I've been paying 15$ a month for two years now for a service that's supposed to include all EA games.  So can we get a direct answer, will Squadrons be on ea play pro or not?

Message 5 of 12 (1,301 Views)

★★ Novice
@coltifus I just got a month of EA Play Pro, thinking I would be able to play Squadrons 10 days early. No where did I see it say "Only select games will be available early on EA Play Pro." Already pre-ordered on steam, so... I hope I find additional value to the subscription, else it is not worth it.
Message 6 of 12 (1,276 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@TheRustyTigger @Poocacca @coltifus 

I posted this in another post and shows it will be available on EA Play Pro:

https://www.ea.com/ea-play/news/welcome-to-ea-play

Message 7 of 12 (1,269 Views)

★★ Novice
  • "Access to exclusive player benefits and a library of top titles including fan-favorite series and premium games."
  • "The chance to try out selected new-release games before launch for up to 10 hours of playtime. If you decide to buy the game, all of your saved progress carries over, so you can pick up right where you left off."
  • "EA Play members can download and try upcoming EA games before they’re released for a limited time. Yep – that’s right, you’ll be the first to play EA’s latest and greatest with an EA Play membership."

When I read these three quotes together, I see my confusion. The first only suggests that a title like Squadrons would be included (a top title, a fan-favorite series and it looks like a premium game). The last is from the FAQ for EA Play subscription, and is an absolute statement, and I relied on it - foolish me! The second reveals the dreaded "selected" word, which means, it'll never be the titles I expect or want. Football (what's a football?) and soccer get early access, but for some reason, not Squadrons.

@CarbonCarl that link only specifies that EA Play and EA Play Pro users will receive Squadrons cosmetics. "Unlimited access to all our latest titles as soon as they drop": then why is The Sims 4: Star Wars not included? Thanks for trying, but the benefits of either subscription service seems inherently vague. Well, I'm stuck with it for a month, so we'll see how it goes.

But I've got a bad feeling about this.

Message 8 of 12 (1,263 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

@PoocaccaWith EA Play Pro you get the best version of a game, so in this case you would get Sims 4 Deluxe, but the rest of the DLC you have to purchase.

As for Star Wars Squadrons, it would be a bit crazy to give you cosmetics using EA Play Pro but not allow you to play the game through that service, whereas EA Play is just a 10hr trial so it’s understandable.

Message 9 of 12 (1,253 Views)

★★ Novice

https://www.ea.com/ea-play/news/welcome-to-ea-play

So here's my concern, that link is from EA's page that the pic from your link comes from showing the stuff for squadrons.  There's 3 games listed on that, Madden, Squadrons, and Fifa.  On Madden and Fifa they both state play the ultimate or whatever edition with EA Play Pro icons underneath.  Squadrons doesn't say anything like that, nor does it say anything about getting the game with Pro.  It just states the stuff about the cosmetics.  Also, I can go to my Origin store app and add fifa to my library already and Fifa comes out the week after squadrons does.  The most concerning thing though, is that we still haven't had a direct answer from EA on here or on twitter.  Call me paranoid but i think EA may just be trying to pull a fast one.  Kinda gross though, i've been an EA access member since it was beta on xbox and origin access premier since it launched on pc.

Message 10 of 12 (1,243 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

Troubleshoot issues with EA Play

Get help with The Play List, your discount, DLC, and more.

Check here for answers.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help