Re: Will I have to repurchase EA Play for Steam?

by kabouki1965

Original Post

★★★★★ Newbie

@Straatford87 
Related question
I pay my EA Play subscription on the origin app

Will I be able to access games on the Play list through steam?

On a further case, is one able to access the Play list games on consoles?

Or for that I would have to pay again just to have access on a different platform??

Message 11 of 44 (6,099 Views)

Champion (Retired)
@LitoLito26 Subscriptions are not cross-platform i'm afraid so you will have to pay for one on each.
Message 12 of 44 (6,087 Views)

EA DICE Team

@kabouki1965 

I'm unable to find anything related to EA Play Pro in that article.

But to confirm - EA Play Pro is unique to Origin.

Message 13 of 44 (6,073 Views)

★★ Guide
@Straatford87

As far as I know (and I am paying that for my former called premier subscription), the pricing for the premium version stated in the last article's phrase: "The base price is $4.99 a month or $29.99 a year, while the premium option — which includes early access to all of EA’s new titles — is $14.99 per month or $99.99 annually." is the price for EA Play Pro. Is it the case that it will be called another thing but it has the features and price of EA Play Pro?
Message 14 of 44 (6,060 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

@LitoLito26

Quick answer, no and no.

For some EA Games, you will have that game bought on Steam in your Origin library, with the Steam logo attached. I played a little experimenting with titles. For instance, I bought Mirror's Edge on Steam and it doesn't appear in Origin library. I bought Need for Speed Heat on Steam and had it on Origin, apparently, they play independently. Finally, I bought Burnout Paradise on Steam and it miraculously appeared in my Origin Library...
The reverse doesn't work. I have lot's of games in my Origin Library, all of them available on Steam and none shows up there.

For consoles, it is the same old story, there is no interconnectivity between your PC library and any console version of a given game.
If you own a console version of a particular game and want to play it on PC through whichever PC platform (Steam, Origin, Uplay, Epic) you need to buy it on that platform. The only exception where you have some interoperability between PC and Console is the Xbox which has a unified platform with the Windows PC platform, but for obvious reasons, both Windows and Xbox are produced by Microsoft.
I am stating all this from my own first-hand experience. I have; Steam, EA Play Pro, Uplay+, Playstation Plus, Xbox Live Gold, Nintendo Switch Online, PS4 Pro, Xbox One X, Wii U and Nintendo Switch. So this is factual and not hearsay. (Unfortunately, I don't have enough time to enjoy it all...)

Message 15 of 44 (6,056 Views)

EA DICE Team

@kabouki1965 

So to confirm, It's just EA Play on Steam. There isn't a EA Play Pro variant, and no other naming.

About interconnectivity - if you play on Steam, you'll still have your EA account linked, so Origin will know which games you have on on Steam. I'd like to add I think how you went about investigating is great; the best way to see how it works is to browse both your Steam and Origin libraries.

Cheers,

Message 16 of 44 (6,023 Views)

Migrating EA Play subscription to Steam

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Hi!

I am a subscriber of EA Play. Today I have seen that the service is also avaialble in Steam (same price, same conditions).

I would prefer to use the service through Steam. Is there a way to integrate my two accounts instead of cancelling it in Origins/EA and resubscribing on Steam?

Thanks!

(sorry, my question may not be in the right category)

Message 17 of 44 (6,014 Views)

Can I transfer my EA Play to Steam?

★★★★★ Novice

I have EA Play on Origin, but would like to use it on Steam instead. Is it possible to connect the two accounts so I can use steam?

Message 18 of 44 (6,138 Views)

Re: Can I transfer my EA Play to Steam?

★ Novice

Would also like to know

Message 19 of 44 (6,123 Views)

Is it possible to transfer EA PLAY to steam?

★★ Novice

Now that EA PLAY is finally on steam i'd like to keep my gaming simple and go back to only using 1 platform for all my games.

Is it possible to link your accounts and play your EA games on steam nowadays?

Message 20 of 44 (6,010 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

Troubleshoot issues with EA Play

Get help with The Play List, your discount, DLC, and more.

Check here for answers.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help