Why am I not able to request a refund for EA Play Pro?

by HippoRustler

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Why am I not able to request a refund for EA Play Pro?

★★ Novice

I recently purchased EA Play Pro with the expectation that such an expensive service would be available on all platforms that my account was linked to. After having tried to connect my PS4 to EA Play Pro, I found not only was in not available, but also that separate paid accounts have to be made for each platform, which is crazy on the Pro version of EA Play. I attempted to request a refund, but was redirected to https://help.ea.com/uk/refund/ which does not give refund options for the service and only does so for individual games. I have only had the service for a couple of hours and in addition to the lack of cross-platform support, I discovered massive issues in FIFA cross-platform support, with FUT teams and EAS FC levels and exp not transferring either, even when my PSN account is linked to my Origin account. 

Is there any way for me to request a refund without having to wait for 131 minutes for a chat operator to become free at 23:52 at night?

Thanks

Message 1 of 23 (38,402 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Why am I not able to request a refund for EA Play Pro?

Community Manager

@HippoRustler 

Our memberships for EA Play are not refundable.

There are some exceptions to this that allow us to offer refunds under certain circumstances.

To find out more, get in touch with us.

CANCELLING AN EA PLAY MEMBERSHIP

Click Cancel Membership to end your membership. 

Leave us feedback on how to improve EA Play if you’d like. Once you’ve confirmed you want to cancel, you’ll continue to have your membership benefits until the end of your current billing cycle.

If you already canceled and want to rejoin, there will be an option to Renew Membership if you’ve just recently canceled, or Sign up if it’s been awhile.

Things to know:

• Once your membership is canceled, you’ll no longer have access to games in The Play List.
  • When you cancel, you’ll have access to all membership features until the start of your Next Billing Date.
  • If your membership expires or you cancel it, you won’t be able to play games available with EA Play unless you’ve purchased them separately or if you reactivate your membership.
  • If you backed up all of your game saves or characters before upgrading, you can go back to those earlier saves to keep playing.
  • Saves with progress you’ve made since upgrading may still work after downgrading with some games, but others have features, items, or areas only available with the upgraded version. You won’t be able to access these save games on downgraded game versions.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/ea-play/manage-your-ea-play-membership#cancellation

barry.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 23 (38,344 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

@HippoRustler 

Our memberships for EA Play are not refundable.

There are some exceptions to this that allow us to offer refunds under certain circumstances.

To find out more, get in touch with us.

CANCELLING AN EA PLAY MEMBERSHIP

Click Cancel Membership to end your membership. 

Leave us feedback on how to improve EA Play if you’d like. Once you’ve confirmed you want to cancel, you’ll continue to have your membership benefits until the end of your current billing cycle.

If you already canceled and want to rejoin, there will be an option to Renew Membership if you’ve just recently canceled, or Sign up if it’s been awhile.

Things to know:

• Once your membership is canceled, you’ll no longer have access to games in The Play List.
  • When you cancel, you’ll have access to all membership features until the start of your Next Billing Date.
  • If your membership expires or you cancel it, you won’t be able to play games available with EA Play unless you’ve purchased them separately or if you reactivate your membership.
  • If you backed up all of your game saves or characters before upgrading, you can go back to those earlier saves to keep playing.
  • Saves with progress you’ve made since upgrading may still work after downgrading with some games, but others have features, items, or areas only available with the upgraded version. You won’t be able to access these save games on downgraded game versions.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/ea-play/manage-your-ea-play-membership#cancellation

barry.png
Message 2 of 23 (38,345 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi

How am I able to get in contact about that as you have suggested? That's what I tried before coming to the forum but was not able to get through (bar waiting in a huge queue for a live support chat). Is there an email I can contact for this?

Cheers

Message 3 of 23 (38,308 Views)

★★★ Newbie

What about if the service continually doesn’t even work. I can’t get a refund for something that I purchased that doesn’t work for me and support was not even helpful? That’s pretty horrible really.  Bought it and can’t even play the game.  That’s ethical... 

Message 4 of 23 (37,686 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Weird how I removed my payment info, canceled my membership but you guys still stole my money out of my account

Message 5 of 23 (35,594 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@Masqerader Bruhhhh I’m trying to understand that * rn
Message 6 of 23 (35,362 Views)

★ Novice

Thx ,nice service, i do not intent to use the EA play pro this year but the system automatelly renewed the membership and take my money... nice thx 

BTW why the system dont ask before activation? its stoling money from ppls

Message 7 of 23 (35,330 Views)

★ Novice

any idea i can buy smg with the price if i dont use the EA play pro ? or its just gone ?

Message 8 of 23 (35,329 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Feel lucky, I used my payment method for my son awhile back, I am trying to remove it because he purchased a 1 year sub.

Not only will they not refund it, but they will not delete the card info until the sub is over!

Message 9 of 23 (34,985 Views)

★★★ Guide
@dapewpewmaster1 It's like any other "Subscription Service", you're not paying for a tangible item. Just access to tangible items.
Message 10 of 23 (31,098 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

Troubleshoot issues with EA Play

Get help with The Play List, your discount, DLC, and more.

Check here for answers.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help