What will happen to my subscriptions if I already have both??

by pompeyboyz316

Original Post

Accepted Solution

What will happen to my subscriptions if I already have both??

★★★ Novice

What will happen to my subscriptions if I already have both Xbox Game Pass Ultimate or Xbox Game Pass for PC & I purchased EA Play/Origin Basic through Origin?

Please visit Origin.com to manage your EA Play membership on PC. Your EA Play membership will not be automatically canceled, and any remaining time on your EA Play membership will not be converted to Xbox Game Pass Ultimate or Xbox Game Pass for PC time.

This is a little vague and what I would like to know is this:

I currently pay monthly for both EA Play and Xbox Game Pass Ultimate.  As  Xbox Gamne Pass will include EA Play soon, paying for both is not going to be needed.  Both my accounts are using the same email address and my EA accoung is linked to my xbox account.  Will my purchases from EA Play on Origin transfer over to Xbox Game Pass?

Message 1 of 11 (3,429 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: What will happen to my subscriptions if I already have both??

EA DICE Team

@pompeyboyz316 

I'll try to clarify for you in short:

• Origin - EA Play will not carry over.
  • Console - EA Play will carry over.

Since you mentioned you have the Origin EA Play version, you'll have to cancel that yourself.

Does that make more sense?

View in thread

Message 2 of 11 (3,383 Views)

All Replies

EA DICE Team

@pompeyboyz316 

I'll try to clarify for you in short:

• Origin - EA Play will not carry over.
  • Console - EA Play will carry over.

Since you mentioned you have the Origin EA Play version, you'll have to cancel that yourself.

Does that make more sense?

Message 2 of 11 (3,384 Views)

★★★ Novice

@Straatford87 

So in short, if I cancel my Origin EA play, any purchases I made on that account will not appear in Game Pass when it becomes available?

Message 3 of 11 (3,376 Views)

EA DICE Team

@pompeyboyz316 

Correct - Origin purchases will remain tied to Origin.

Message 4 of 11 (3,372 Views)

★★ Apprentice

This seems like like a terrible way for EA to treat their existing customers.  The most loyal ones who have bought into the EA Play Pro membership get shafted the most with this deal.  Once I cancel I'm not coming back. 

Message 5 of 11 (3,371 Views)

EA DICE Team

@Eviction2Notice 

I think additional clarification from my end would be helpful here Standard smile 

We are not removing anything from Origin EA Play subscribers. The unique EA Play Pro benefits also remain tied to Origin, and will not be available elsewhere; you'll still get unlimited access to all our latest titles as soon as they drop with pro-level rewards and content! 

In other words, EA Play subscribers are not losing anything. What's happening is that Xbox Game Pass Ultimate & PC subscribers are gaining something. For you, this means more value and choice in which subscription is right for you.

Message 6 of 11 (3,352 Views)

★★ Novice

Is it possible to merge Xbox Game Pass for PC if I have EA Play only?

If no, will EA refund my 1-year subscription fee? As I just subscribed EA Play at September 2, just around 1 week ago... If EA announce this news more early, I am sure I will not subscribe EA Play anymore. I just feel like I am deceived.

Message 7 of 11 (3,334 Views)

EA DICE Team
Message 8 of 11 (3,287 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Love how this "Community Manager" is just accepting and dodging the fact that their company is trying to scam and deceive people. Make it cross platform or no one will be paying for your scummy terrible subscription.

Message 9 of 11 (3,233 Views)

Champion (Retired)
@Lemmeewinks It's not EA that's stopping cross platform, it's Microsoft, Sony and Steam etc. It's their own platforms and they say what can and can't be added to their platform, they write the rules not EA.

Message 10 of 11 (3,214 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

Troubleshoot issues with EA Play

Get help with The Play List, your discount, DLC, and more.

Check here for answers.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help