Re: What Happens to My Games After EA Play?

by MysterTe3

Original Post

Accepted Solution

What Happens to My Games After EA Play?

★★ Novice

I've made purchases on Origin over the years. Now I hear it's going away? 

What happens to my games? From what I understand you're making it so it's a monthly subscription, but I'm not willing to pay a monthly subscription. 

What happens to me, an existing customer with games already bought and paid for? Do I lose access to my games when the EA Play move happens? 

Message 1 of 3 (613 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager

Hey @MysterTe3 ,

Don't worry, you won't have to subscribe to EA Play if you don't want to. What is happening is that we are rolling out new benefits to the EA Play subscription, and we are introducing our EA Desktop app. You can still continue to play on Origin, or you can sign up to the EA Desktop app beta if you're interested to see how ti works.

Your games that you've purchased on Origin are yours and are not going anywhere, you will still be able to play them Standard smile Feel free to also take a look at the EA Desktop Beta FAQ.

• Will my Origin games need to be re-downloaded on EA Desktop?
    • Nope! Any games you've downloaded through Origin will be ready to launch through EA Desktop.

Have a nice day!

Cath-1-222

Quelqu'un vous vient en aide? Vous pouvez lui donner un peu d'XP
Votre problème est résolu? N'hésitez pas à Accepter une solution sur votre sujet
*Je ne réponds pas aux messages privés*

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (596 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hey @MysterTe3 ,

Don't worry, you won't have to subscribe to EA Play if you don't want to. What is happening is that we are rolling out new benefits to the EA Play subscription, and we are introducing our EA Desktop app. You can still continue to play on Origin, or you can sign up to the EA Desktop app beta if you're interested to see how ti works.

Your games that you've purchased on Origin are yours and are not going anywhere, you will still be able to play them Standard smile Feel free to also take a look at the EA Desktop Beta FAQ.

• Will my Origin games need to be re-downloaded on EA Desktop?
    • Nope! Any games you've downloaded through Origin will be ready to launch through EA Desktop.

Have a nice day!

Cath-1-222

Quelqu'un vous vient en aide? Vous pouvez lui donner un peu d'XP
Votre problème est résolu? N'hésitez pas à Accepter une solution sur votre sujet
*Je ne réponds pas aux messages privés*
Message 2 of 3 (597 Views)

★★ Novice

I see. 

Thank you, @EA_Cath 

Message 3 of 3 (583 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

Troubleshoot issues with EA Play

Get help with The Play List, your discount, DLC, and more.

Check here for answers.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help