Re: Linking son's account to my parental account

by EA_Darko

Original Post

Linking son's account to my parental account

★★★ Newbie

Linking my son's account to mine.

My son is unable to login to his EA Play account from his Xbox game pass for PC account.  When trying to login, it takes him to the app but everything is blank.  When I log out and back in, it says it sent an email to my email address (address is correct) but I don't get the emails.  Not in my spam folder either.

I can login to my EA Play account, I get verification emails fine, just not getting his.  If I "Resend the verification email" it says the email isn't verified.

- Changed the parental email address - no emails to that address either

- Changed back to original email - no emails sent

- Spent an hour going in circles with the online EA Help agent (Dhruv) - After they couldn't get me successfully logged in, they told me to clear my IE cache (even after I told them I'm not using IE, they kept just sending links to IE troubleshooting steps)...Eventually they told me to "return after 90 min due to some glitch we face issue with verification codes"

- Tried logging in to sons account with his EA ID and password - wouldn't accept the password

- Reset the password - still unable to login

- Agent asked me to login with his EA ID and my parental account password - same result

Since I'm currently in a loop with the agent simply telling me to wait 90 min, is there anything else that might actually fix this?

Message 1 of 6 (440 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @mooseheads36 you can find all the info related to creating a child account here: https://help.ea.com/en/help/account/set-up-child-ea-account/

Darko

Darko.png
Message 2 of 6 (422 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thank you for the reply @EA_Darko, but as I pointed out in the post, my son already has an account, I already have an account, the issue is that they will not link.  Please refer to the original post.

Message 3 of 6 (401 Views)

Community Manager

If he already has an account @mooseheads36 then it means it's already linked which would mean that he can't link it to another EA account.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 4 of 6 (391 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@EA_Darko His account was originally created with the incorrect birth date because it was a nightmare to manage originally, I have recently updated his birth date to the correct date (which i'm now regretting). Once his birth date was changed, it had to be linked to my account.

I try to link it, it tries to send the verification email, I don't receive them.
I try to "resend verification email" and I receive "email has not been verified".

I receive my verification emails without issue, I have tried multiple addresses for verification emails from his account with no success.

Why would you say that just because he has an account, it's already linked?

How can I get this successfully linked to my account?
Message 5 of 6 (380 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @mooseheads36 for issues such as this you will need to speak with one of our phone or chat support advisers who will be able to advise you further. 

You can contact our live support at help.ea.com.  

To  speak with a phone or chat adviser:

Click on your product Origin

Then select 'PC

Manage my Account'

Can't log in

Finally, you can choose to begin a chat or call

Darko

Darko.png
Message 6 of 6 (378 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

Troubleshoot issues with EA Play

Get help with The Play List, your discount, DLC, and more.

Check here for answers.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help