Known Issue Workaround: Unable to Download EA Play Games for EA Desktop

by EA_Darko

Original Post

Known Issue Workaround: Unable to Download EA Play Games for EA Desktop

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Hey all, we are aware that some users accessing EA Play through Xbox Game Pass are experiencing issues where they are unable to download or access EA Play games.

The team is aware of the issue and investigating.

In the meantime, if you are an EA Play member through Xbox Game Pass and running into this issue then the team recommends uninstalling EA Desktop from your system and then when next launching the Xbox App allow it to download and install EA Desktop.

Once done you should be able to access your EA Play games through the EA Desktop.

Thanks for your patience and we will update you with further information as we get it.

Darko 

Darko.png
Message 1 of 37 (27,313 Views)

CAN'T INSTALL FIFA

★★★★ Novice
Hello !
I have some troubles installing FIFA 21 (PC)
I have the XBOX Gamepass PC, I already have the game installed (because of the demo) and when i want to launch it on the EA App it says that i need to upgrade my subscription.

On EA Play when i try to install the game it says :
There is a problem with the download
Message 2 of 37 (27,267 Views)

Re: CAN'T INSTALL FIFA

★★★★★ Newbie
@Tokymo same problem
Message 3 of 37 (27,249 Views)

Re: Known Issue Workaround: Unable to Download EA Play Games for EA Desktop

★ Novice
@EA_Darko Not working for me. Uninstalled both EA Desktop and the game that I had downloaded (The Saboteur). Still doesn't load, either from Gamepass or from EA Desktop
Message 4 of 37 (27,145 Views)

★★ Novice
@EA_Darko Any progress?
Message 5 of 37 (27,048 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@EA_Darko how about the time of the subscription that we bought and cannot access to the game from EA???
Message 6 of 37 (27,018 Views)

★★★ Newbie

My game (Titanfall 2) stopped working at 10 hours and 7 minutes. I created a new paid account and everything launched perfectly fine. It's almost like it's on the demo mode for new releases with the 10 hour limit. 

Message 7 of 37 (26,994 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I am have a issue were I tried to load EA Desktop as part of my Game pass Ultimate subscription and it did load so I tried to delete and reinstall it but everytime I try to re download it it says I already have the app and do I want to fire it up, so press yes and it says the app can't be found, I have reached out through EA Help on twitter and after 2 days of trying different thinks have passed me on to yourselves, I have tried to create a new profile and nothing I have tried to delete and reinstall the Xbox app which I could do bit then nothing still, and now everytime I load the Xbox app on my laptop I get the error message 'eaconnect.micosoft://?version=1.0&port=4700 Application no found' please help 

Message 8 of 37 (26,597 Views)

★★★ Newbie

And what people are supposed to do even if your tips are not working? I already uninstalled EA Desktop 3 times, and installed using the xbox app, nothing changed, still can't download or play anything. 

Message 9 of 37 (26,484 Views)

★★ Novice
@EA_Darko Its been weeks and another monthly subscription payment goes by on Game Pass before i can download and play any game form EA.
Is there any news regarding the problem with downloads ?
Message 10 of 37 (26,470 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

Troubleshoot issues with EA Play

Get help with The Play List, your discount, DLC, and more.

Check here for answers.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help