Re: I would like to cancel my subscription..

by dira970

Original Post

Accepted Solution

I would like to cancel my subscription..

★★★ Newbie

I bought EA play for the madden download and I don't want to be charge a monthly fee after this month. I logged in and I can't find the option to cancel my monthly subscription. It says that I might have logged in another a different name. How do I find that name that has the monthly subscription?

Message 1 of 19 (333,210 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

Hey @EyewinDa4th 

PC

How do I cancel my EA Play membership?

Canceling your EA Play membership is quick and easy. From the nav bar select EA Play > Manage My Membership. Just click the “Cancel my membership” link at the bottom to get started. No fuss, no muss. You can cancel from either the Origin client or Origin.com.

Playstation

How do I cancel?

1. From your PlayStation 4, navigate to [Settings] > [Account Management] > [Account Information] > [PlayStation Subscriptions].
  2. Select the EA Play membership you want to cancel.
  3. Select Turn Off Auto-Renewal.

Xbox

How do I cancel?

1. Log in to account.microsoft.com.
  2. Click Services & subscriptions.
  3. Click Payment & billing under EA Play.

Things to note:

• If you cancel your membership, you’ll keep your game progress (as long as you don’t manually delete your save files) and all earned Achievements. However, you can’t continue playing the games you’ve downloaded unless you buy them or reactivate your membership. When you reactivate your membership or buy the games, you can pick up right where you left off the next time you play.
  • Once you cancel your membership, you will keep your membership benefits until the end of your membership period.
  • You can ask Xbox Support to cancel your membership if you want to stop EA Play right away, but you won’t be eligible for a refund of any unused time.
  • If your membership expires, any purchases you made with your 10% member discount are yours to keep.

If you're still having trouble you might be best to contact an EA adviser: https://help.ea.com/uk/contact-us/?product=origin&platform=pc&category=manage-my-account&community=t...

Hope that helps Standard smile

View in thread

Message 2 of 19 (333,141 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

Hey @EyewinDa4th 

PC

How do I cancel my EA Play membership?

Canceling your EA Play membership is quick and easy. From the nav bar select EA Play > Manage My Membership. Just click the “Cancel my membership” link at the bottom to get started. No fuss, no muss. You can cancel from either the Origin client or Origin.com.

Playstation

How do I cancel?

1. From your PlayStation 4, navigate to [Settings] > [Account Management] > [Account Information] > [PlayStation Subscriptions].
  2. Select the EA Play membership you want to cancel.
  3. Select Turn Off Auto-Renewal.

Xbox

How do I cancel?

1. Log in to account.microsoft.com.
  2. Click Services & subscriptions.
  3. Click Payment & billing under EA Play.

Things to note:

• If you cancel your membership, you’ll keep your game progress (as long as you don’t manually delete your save files) and all earned Achievements. However, you can’t continue playing the games you’ve downloaded unless you buy them or reactivate your membership. When you reactivate your membership or buy the games, you can pick up right where you left off the next time you play.
  • Once you cancel your membership, you will keep your membership benefits until the end of your membership period.
  • You can ask Xbox Support to cancel your membership if you want to stop EA Play right away, but you won’t be eligible for a refund of any unused time.
  • If your membership expires, any purchases you made with your 10% member discount are yours to keep.

If you're still having trouble you might be best to contact an EA adviser: https://help.ea.com/uk/contact-us/?product=origin&platform=pc&category=manage-my-account&community=t...

Hope that helps Standard smile

Message 2 of 19 (333,142 Views)

★★ Novice

This did not work for me. I have no idea what to do as I don’t even use ea or origin but it is still going to be taking my money. When I click the link to cancel membership it sends me straight to the origin website and won’t let me sign in to try and cancel there 

Message 3 of 19 (318,507 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @GURLTAY for issues such as this you will need to speak with one of our phone or chat support advisers who will be able to advise you further. 

You can contact our live support at help.ea.com.  

To  speak with a chat adviser:

Click on your product Origin

Then select 'PC

Manage my Account'

Can't log in

Finally, you can choose to begin a chat or request a call back.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 4 of 19 (318,107 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Newbie

call your credit card company and u can cancel anything.

Message 5 of 19 (312,690 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @dira970 just so you know, if you do not follow the correct steps to cancel a membership then you can risk losing access to your account.

Darko 

Darko.png
Message 6 of 19 (312,677 Views)

★★★ Newbie

i was having your same issue but i used a different web browser and it worked afterwards

Message 7 of 19 (311,712 Views)

Community Manager

Thanks for sharing the steps that worked for you @Rest01070.

Darko 

Darko.png
Message 8 of 19 (311,597 Views)

★★★ Newbie

For me, when i go to the EA play tab, I do not have a manage my subscription option.

Message 9 of 19 (309,921 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@siojnia same
Message 10 of 19 (297,549 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

Troubleshoot issues with EA Play

Get help with The Play List, your discount, DLC, and more.

Check here for answers.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help