I cant unlink my OLD Ea account to my Xbox Account

by Nevellin

Original Post

Accepted Solution

I cant unlink my OLD Ea account to my Xbox Account

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Some of this is copied/edited from a similar post that was locked by EA without any resolution.

I have access to my Xbox Game Pass account. I have access to my EA account. My Xbox account is currently linked with a VERY OLD ACCOUNT I had when I was a teenager and now I can't access any more because:

1 - the email provider I used is dead for years now, so it's useless to click on "Forgot My Password" as it will send an email to a dead mail provider.

2 - the account is expired/locked for some reason. I KNOW the password to access this account, but I can't even try to access it.

Microsoft cannot remove the link for some reason. *WHICH IS A SHAME AS IT WOULD SOLVE EVERYONE'S PROBLEM AT ONCE AND IT IS POSSIBLE WITH EVERY OTHER PARTNER LINKED THERE*

EA chat people want me to validate that the second account is mine... and I can't as I have NO IDEA if I ever bought a game on this old account (probably only one), I have no CC information that I had at the time and there's no way to find it. 

I can verify my Xbox/Microsoft account which is linked to the OLD EA account, I can verify my ACTUAL EA account (that I want to link to my Xbox Account), but I am unable to link them.

EA says, I have to validate/verify the "Old EA ACcount" before they can unlink it.

One of the EA reps said it would be easier to just make a new Xbox account.

Here is the info they want me to verify on an account I do not have access to, or is it mine:

IP address:
Last 4 digits of credit card:
Date of birth:
Billing address:
Phone number:

Two specific game versions on account and purchase dates:

My list of complaints:

IP Adress> It was MORE THAN 10 YEARS AGO THAT I ACCESSED THIS ACCOUNT FOR THE LAST TIME. This DOESNT MAKE ANY SENSE!!!

Last 4 digits of credit card: > more than 10 years ago, for god sake... I have no way to know that or even have registered this information
Date of birth: > Its not wrong, I always used the correct date
Billing address: > Also correct...
Phone number: > Also correct... 

Two specific game versions on account and purchase dates: > I have no idea. 

The problem is: I WANT TO LINK MY ACTUAL EA ACCOUNT to my XBOX ACCOUNT. 
I can validate both, but this old EA account is preventing me to do anything and I can't remove it from Microsoft side.

THE SOLUTION>

1 - Make it possible for the client to unlink the EA Account from Microsoft side without requiring to login AS IT IS WITH EVERY OTHER MICROSOFT PARTNER.

2 - When trying to link an EA Account to a Microsoft Account, and theres another already linked, TELL THE CUSTOMER IN A POP UP: "THERE IS ALREADY ANOTHER EA ACCOUNT LINKED TO YOUR MICROSOFT ACCOUNT, DO YOU WANT TO SUBSTITUTE IT? YOU WILL LOSE ALL PROGRESS/SAVE/ETC? ARE YOU SURE?" and then substitute the previous account linked to the new one. PROFIT!

Message 1 of 180 (51,166 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: I cant unlink my OLD Ea account to my Xbox Account

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Hey all, I'm going to go ahead and lock this thread for the time being as at this point it is going around in circles.

I understand that you are frustrated and that you are looking for a fix, as soon as I have any additional info I will open the thread again and update you all.

Please do not create further threads for this issue as this can be considered spam.

Will accept this post as the solution for visibility. 

Darko  

Darko.png

View in thread

Message 180 of 180 (25,997 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Hey @Nevellin, for issues such as this you will need to speak with one of our support advisers who will be able to advise you further. 

You can contact EA Help via the EA Help website. Detailed instructions on how to use the EA Help service can be found here.

Darko 

Darko.png
Message 2 of 180 (51,080 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@EA_DarkoHi Darko, I know that.
I tried many times, but I can't link my ACTUAL EA Account to my Xbox Account the chat support cant help me due to the fact that I have no way to access this OLD EA Account or confirm that Im the owner: I have used this old account more than 10 years ago for the last time, so IP address will not be even similar to what was before, I have no credit card information of that time, I have no idea which games I bought and IF I bought any game. So there are just too much information that I cant confirm. =P
I contacted Chat Support multiple times to solve this and still there's no way to solve this through there: The support needs to follow security procedures, and I understand this completely, so there is no way to change this from there.
The only 2 possible solutions for my issue and for hundreds of other clients are:
1 - Make it possible for the client to unlink the EA Account from Microsoft side without requiring to login on the EA account as it is to every other Microsoft Partner (Reddit, Facebook, Twitch, etc).

2 - When trying to link an EA Account to a Microsoft Account, and there's another already linked, TELL THE CUSTOMER IN A POP UP: "THERE IS ALREADY ANOTHER EA ACCOUNT LINKED TO YOUR MICROSOFT ACCOUNT, DO YOU WANT TO SUBSTITUTE IT? YOU WILL LOSE ALL PROGRESS/SAVE/ETC? ARE YOU SURE?" and then substitute the previous account linked to the new one.

Both procedures will solve HUNDREDS of issues that I know that people are facing with EA Accounts and make our life easier in no time. I know it requires some thought and developing time, but PLEASE at least acknowledge that you guys are planning something in this direction so we can wait a little bit instead of having to delete our Microsoft account and use another just to link accounts and use a service.

Message 3 of 180 (51,049 Views)

Community Manager

Sorry to say @Nevellin but if you are unable to verify that you are the account owner then our team will be unable to make any changes to our grant you access to the account.

We take account security very serious and if you cannot verify that you are the account holder then there is nothing that we can do to assist.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 4 of 180 (51,031 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Dear @EA_Darko I have how to verify my credentials:
When I access using the option to "Login using Xbox Live" I should be able to connect. I have access to my Xbox Account.
The issue is that when I try to access using my Xbox Live Account, it says that my EA Account password is expired.
It shouldn't matter, as I already validated my credentials using the Xbox Live account, so I should have access and be able to remove this curse from my life, because I don't care about this account: I just want to link ANOTHER account to my Xbox Live Account, which I have full access and use constantly.

Message 5 of 180 (51,006 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @Nevellin if you cannot verify ownership of the EA account then there is nothing that our team can do to assist.

If you cannot verify ownership then our team will be unable to make any changes to your account.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 6 of 180 (50,995 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@EA_DarkoSeeing all other resources in regards to this, I strongly disagree:
The linked Xbox Live Account is a valid registry and proof that I am the owner of the EA account. I should be able to actually access it through that. The only thing that prevents me, it's the expired password (which shouldn't be required when I use another method of validation of credentials).
It is, in fact, stated many times by the support, and in the forum. In the help section, it is also recommended to use this method if you lose access to your account.

Message 7 of 180 (50,969 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have had a terrible experience with your support team as I ran into this exact issue. It also seems that a lot of others do as well because a search for similar issues in your forum shows this issues occurs a lot!

Account security is rightly important and should be protected but clearly you need tp provide an alternative way for people to unlink. Why can't we do so on the Microsoft side of this account?

Also unlinking should not be so highly protected - unlinking an account does not give me access to it! 

This is just a poor process that frustrates your customers and turns them off using your service. 

Message 8 of 180 (50,953 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @Nevellin if you are unable to verify account ownership then there is nothing that we can do on AHQ to change this.  Having access to an Xbox account is not verification that you are the other of any other account or service linked to that Xbox account.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 9 of 180 (50,909 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @Nevellin if you are unable to verify account ownership then there is nothing that we can do on AHQ to change this.  Having access to an Xbox account is not verification that you are the other of any other account or service linked to that Xbox account.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 10 of 180 (50,911 Views)