How do i access EA PLAY on PC with Xbox Game Pass Ultimate, PLEASE HELP!

by pMazekin

Original Post

Re: How do i access EA PLAY on PC with Xbox Game Pass Ultimate, PLEASE HELP!

★★★ Newbie
@CarbonCarl it's because they advertised it as accessible on PC. I don't mind waiting...but hey both sides put that it into the commercials.
Message 41 of 75 (3,331 Views)

★★★ Novice

As of March 9th, 2021 the official Xbox site still advertises Gamepass Ultimate as including EA Play for PC. Anyone saying it's not a bait and switch and scam on Microsofts side isn't the brightest bulb in the bunch. When I do not receive 100% of what is being advertised to me on the sign-up page, it is a scam and false advertising. Nowhere on the entire Gamepaass Ultimate  sign-up page does it state EA Play is currently not available for PC. This is 100% on Microsoft.

Message 42 of 75 (2,951 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

https://support.xbox.com/en-GB/help/subscriptions-billing/manage-subscriptions/ea-play-with-xbox-gam...

Sixth questions down is literally stating that game pass members can access EA play on PC

And from EA: EA Play and Xbox Game Pass

Another set of instructions on installing the desktop app along with false claims that your game pass membership is good.

Scam is maybe a strong word, but it's definitely not delivering on what was promised, and that's not on. If you think that behavior is in any way tolerable, you're part of the problem.

Message 43 of 75 (2,326 Views)

★★ Novice

On the Microsoft FAQ link: https://support.xbox.com/en-GB/help/subscriptions-billing/manage-subscriptions/ea-play-with-xbox-gam...

They state in the 2nd question that Xbox Game Pass Ultimate members can enjoy EA Play on console now. Coming soon, Xbox Game Pass Ultimate and PC members will receive EA Play on PC at no additional cost.

Also, in all their other posts they use future tense. "You'll need to create", "You'll have access" etc.

I was also tricked by this, because I expected EA Play to be available on PC, with the Ultimate, and clearly it isn't. Let's also mention that the Microsoft support page is just atrocious, informaiton is hard to find, and in a true Microsoft fashion, the found information is often useless.

And a big D- for both EA and Microsoft for not communicating about this matter openly. This thing should not be this difficult to find out and understand.

Message 44 of 75 (2,128 Views)

★★★ Newbie

So am I correct in thinking then that having game pass on pc DOES NOT allow me to use the EA games for free as it would on my xbox?~

This is a real shower of excrement if so. I was looking forward to some VR squadrons. Might as well install the EA hub bloatware then....

Message 45 of 75 (1,784 Views)

★ Novice

It is now! Since like an hour ago. Check again!  I have downloaded Fifa20, Jedi Fallen Order and Squadrons.

I'm now looking forward to cross play with my son in the xbox and I will be playing in the PC.  Let's see how it goes.

Message 46 of 75 (1,769 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

@allanrcmThank you, I’ll check in the morning. Every one I tried to download through pc game pass it’d open the game in the EA app but keep presenting paid optionS.

Appreciate the reply

Message 47 of 75 (1,756 Views)

Xbox App and EA Desktop Linking Issues

★ Novice

Xbox App won't open EA Play on PC so can't link them to get Games Pass Ultimate Access. Any click in Xbox App to open EA Desktop just says eaconnect.microsoft link, then opens Microsoft store and cant find anything. Help?

Message 48 of 75 (1,870 Views)

Re: Xbox App and EA Desktop Linking Issues

★★★ Newbie

uninstall Xbox app then reinstall.

Message 49 of 75 (1,864 Views)

Trouble Linking EA Access to Xbox Gamepass

★ Novice

So I know you have to download the EA app and in the video released by Xbox it was supposed to ask me for my xbox gamertag info.. never did. How can I link the EA desktop program to my xbox account so I can use EA Play like they did in the video released by Xbox?

Message 50 of 75 (1,694 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

Troubleshoot issues with EA Play

Get help with The Play List, your discount, DLC, and more.

Check here for answers.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help