EA Play Steam achievements

by nikhyper_88

Original Post

Accepted Solution

EA Play Steam achievements

★★ Novice

If i buy EA Play in steam will i be able to get steam achievements? and how the games are recorded to steam library?

Message 1 of 15 (10,726 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: EA Play Steam achievements

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

Hello @nikhyper_88

Yes you will be able to gain steam achievements for the EA Play games you play, some of the games also transfer the achievements you gained from Origin over to Steam, here's a small snippet from the BFV page:

BFV Achievements have just been added alongside many other EA games. Achievement progress is retroactive, meaning if you’ve completed the objective already in Origin or Steam, you’ll be granted the achievement in Steam.

I don't know for sure but games will probably be added to your library upon download and require an EA account login, once your sub expires you won't be able to access the game and if uninstalled will likely be removed from your library. If not removed then it will just stay listed without being playable.

Someone with EA Play on Steam might be able to offer better info on that tho.

Hope that helps.

View in thread

Message 2 of 15 (10,662 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

Hello @nikhyper_88

Yes you will be able to gain steam achievements for the EA Play games you play, some of the games also transfer the achievements you gained from Origin over to Steam, here's a small snippet from the BFV page:

BFV Achievements have just been added alongside many other EA games. Achievement progress is retroactive, meaning if you’ve completed the objective already in Origin or Steam, you’ll be granted the achievement in Steam.

I don't know for sure but games will probably be added to your library upon download and require an EA account login, once your sub expires you won't be able to access the game and if uninstalled will likely be removed from your library. If not removed then it will just stay listed without being playable.

Someone with EA Play on Steam might be able to offer better info on that tho.

Hope that helps.

Message 2 of 15 (10,663 Views)

★★ Novice
@CarbonCarl thanx for reply
Message 3 of 15 (10,556 Views)

Champion (Retired)
@nikhyper_88 You're welcome Standard smile
Message 4 of 15 (10,553 Views)

★ Novice

Good evening

I am sorry to dig up the topic but I cannot find anywhere what I am looking for: so if I understand correctly, I will get steam achievements if I subscribe to EA Play and play, say, Jedi Fallen Order.

Can you confirm the game will remain in my library with the numbers of hours I have played + the achievements I earned ?

Thank you very much

Message 5 of 15 (10,045 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @BabylonSon any achievements and hours played will show in your Steam account but if you decided not to renew your membership then you will not be able to continue playing the game.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 6 of 15 (10,022 Views)

★ Novice

Thank you very much Darko

It is what I wanted to know

Message 7 of 15 (10,010 Views)

Community Manager

Happy to be of help @BabylonSon.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 8 of 15 (9,997 Views)

★ Apprentice

I'm sorry to dig this up, but my subscription just ended and the games I played don't show up on my profile anymore.
While I understand that I don't own the games anymore, I did earn the achievements and I do not understand why Steam can't display them and the games' playtime.

I bought the subscription after reading your answers and I have to say, you kinda lied by saying it will still display achievements and the playtime.

Message 9 of 15 (8,640 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @miko_ohneHose, if they are not showing then you will need to speak with Steam support who will be able to advise you further.

Darko 

Darko.png
Message 10 of 15 (8,614 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

Troubleshoot issues with EA Play

Get help with The Play List, your discount, DLC, and more.

Check here for answers.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help