Re: EA Play Pro - just to clarify something

by TheLocalTroll

Original Post

Accepted Solution

EA Play Pro - just to clarify something

★★★★ Guide

When EA launched Origin Access Premier along with the info you are repeating now for EA Play Pro, you also stated back then that the games available in the vault (now The Play list) would always be the best version of the game and that OAP would include all still supported EA titles and all new EA titles. (not talking about third party titles here)

While you do say that the benefits should stay the same as before I also see that you do not mention this at all. 

Basically the description is "(access to a library of top titles, early game trials, and your 10% membership discount)". 

This description is very vague on the part of which versions will be available for EA Play pro subscription and even if all supported and new EA titles will be available at all. A library of top titles doesn't guarantee anything in that regard.

Just want to make sure that EA Play Pro will continue giving the best version available of EA titles and have all still supported and new EA releases available.

Can someone from EA confirm that there are no changes to this as well? 

Just find it confusing that some of the main selling points of Origin Access Premier are not mentioned specifically for EA Play Pro.

Message 1 of 8 (1,296 Views)

Accepted Solution

Champion (Retired)

Hello there,

Everything remains the same if not better, they have just rebranded it to EA Play.

Quoted from the link below:

EA Play Pro members get everything above plus:

• Unlimited access to all our latest titles as soon as they drop.
  • Pro-level rewards like Season Passes and exclusive player content.
  • A library of deluxe edition games.

It's safe to say you will always get the best version of a game and have access on or before release.

https://www.ea.com/news/welcome-to-ea-play

View in thread

Message 2 of 8 (1,260 Views)

All Replies

Champion (Retired)

Hello there,

Everything remains the same if not better, they have just rebranded it to EA Play.

Quoted from the link below:

EA Play Pro members get everything above plus:

• Unlimited access to all our latest titles as soon as they drop.
  • Pro-level rewards like Season Passes and exclusive player content.
  • A library of deluxe edition games.

It's safe to say you will always get the best version of a game and have access on or before release.

https://www.ea.com/news/welcome-to-ea-play

Message 2 of 8 (1,261 Views)

★★ Novice

To be more clear; If I choose to register for PRO, will I already have FIFA21 on September 1st, without the need to buy the game? And will the game be available to play, from its release until the day my registration ends? Or will I only have access to FIFA21, when it enters THE VAULT, later on?

Message 3 of 8 (1,249 Views)

Champion (Retired)
@King_of_Serra As a EA Play Pro subscriber you should have full access to the game from October 1st until your subscription ends and without the need to purchase the game.

The release date is actually October 6th but as a Pro subscriber you get early access.

Check out the FAQ:
https://www.ea.com/ea-play/faq#origin-faq
Message 4 of 8 (1,238 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@CarbonCarl guess I missed that link. Maybe because I'm already on OAP.

Still think its not that clear since they do not say straight out that all new titles will be in the best version. They did this for OAP and made a huge point out of it. They said it was the premier experience getting the best version of each game.

I'm not claiming you are wrong and I do believe it is the best versions that will be the ones available but I just find it strange that they are not saying it in clear text like they did with OAP.

Now they are only saying a "library of deluxe editions". Basically this means they can stop at any time adding the best version to Pro because as long as there are a few deluxe editions of any game in the library, its within whats advertised.

Message 5 of 8 (1,186 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@TheLocalTroll I completely agree with what you're saying.

Now they are only saying a "library of deluxe editions". Basically this means they can stop at any time adding the best version to Pro because as long as there are a few deluxe editions of any game in the library, its within whats advertised.

There is no certainty that they won't use that wording to their advantage in the future that's for sure, think of FIFA Ultimate or Battlefield etc, they could quite easily say "Oh that's not a deluxe version". If that were the case then it could almost feel like a bait n switch.

But I wont criticize them just yet or try to make false claims because they might have no intention of ever doing that, only the future will tell and as of right now I feel OAP is totally worth it.

Valid points made tho, worth keeping a eye on.

Message 6 of 8 (1,170 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@CarbonCarl I also like OAP and think its absolutely worth it. I went annual sub for OAP the day they announced it and I plan to keep doing so barring they dont make any stupid changes.

And you're right. No point in criticizing them for something that hasnt been done yet. 

My main goal of posting this thread was to see if someone knew if they had said something about this somewhere else or one of the mods could pass it to someone in EA to clarify and remove any doubts/misunderstandings. It would be so much better if they just said the same as with OAP. That the best version (not only deluxe edition) of the game will be available for Pro subs.

Message 7 of 8 (1,165 Views)

Champion (Retired)
@TheLocalTroll I think they along with many companies make things a little vague just to give themselves some protection. Offering the best of anything means you MUST provide the best otherwise it becomes false advertising.

I think with things like that it's possibly best to have a read of the small print, something a LOT of people do not do.
Message 8 of 8 (1,160 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

Troubleshoot issues with EA Play

Get help with The Play List, your discount, DLC, and more.

Check here for answers.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help