Xbox app won't connect to EA desktop, can't install any games through gamepass

by j05uha

Original Post

Re: Xbox app won't connect to EA desktop, can't install any games through gamepa

★★★★★ Newbie

Same problem cant get anything to install and it wont even link the accounts. What a horrid launch.

Message 11 of 27 (4,321 Views)

Re: Xbox app won't connect to EA desktop, can't install any games through gamepa

★★★ Newbie

same here, as other people pop up window to install EA Desktop even if i have already installed, than after click install its sayes it cant install now try later or use link .... reinstall them both few times - no result. Spoke with some MS staff on webchat and been told is EA issue that they know about and trying to solved

Message 12 of 27 (4,312 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Have you guys tried this: https://answers.ea.com/t5/EA-Play-Console/Xbox-app-won-t-connect-to-EA-desktop-can-t-install-any-gam... ?

It worked for me and for some friends. People in this thread also have it fixed this way.

Message 13 of 27 (4,308 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I tried this and could not get it to work.

Message 14 of 27 (3,859 Views)

★★★ Newbie

If you can't download EA Desktop, go to https://www.ea.com/ea-desktop-beta and install it. Drag it to your desktop, open it, and install it. Then it should work

Message 15 of 27 (3,834 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@Batibini Thank you worked a treat!
Message 16 of 27 (3,762 Views)

★ Novice

I have found the solution. The problem is caused by the UAC of the Windows system. Turn UAC on and restart your computer. See at the following post: https://attackofthefanboy.com/guides/xbox-game-pass-ultimate-ea-play-problem-could-not-download-ea-d... 

Message 17 of 27 (3,749 Views)

★ Novice
@sisibeloved Lmao. On my PC UAC was turned off. So i turned it on and my xbox app finally found EA desktop.
Message 18 of 27 (3,597 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@Mini0nPT Worked for me. Thanks! Just odd that it had to create that "shell" EA account just to unlink and then relink to the correct Xbox account.
Message 19 of 27 (2,954 Views)

how to link my xbox account for gamepass/ea play

★★★ Newbie

ive tried everything but it just wont link pls send help

Message 20 of 27 (2,920 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help