Xbox app won't connect to EA desktop, can't install any games through gamepass

by j05uha

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Xbox app won't connect to EA desktop, can't install any games through gamepass

★★★ Newbie

The beta window will pop up for half a second and disappear and the xbox app will give me an error. I've reinstalled both apps.

Message 1 of 27 (35,698 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Xbox app won't connect to EA desktop, can't install any games through gamepa

★★★★★ Novice

Got it to work!

Had to go to help.ea.com and log in with Xbox Live. By doing that, I had to create a new EA ID (didn't ask to insert email or password). Once that was done, I unlinked the Xbox account from that new EA ID.
Then logged out and logged in again with Xbox Live. This time, it asked me to log in with an EA Account so I inserted my main account and then both EA account and Xbox account were connected.

Now I can download games (in the Xbox app, installing a game opens EA Desktop and installs it from there).

Hope this helps!

View in thread

Message 6 of 27 (35,498 Views)

All Replies

Re: Xbox app won't connect to EA desktop, can't install any games through gamepa

★★★ Novice

same issue on my PC. xbox app says that it can't install ea desktop and points me to address from which i should download and instal ea app. Ewen when i install it manually xbox app still acts like ea isn't there. accounts are linked, both apps work fine, pc restarted apps restarted and even reinstalled, and stilll cant use it

Message 2 of 27 (35,643 Views)

★★ Novice
@Kosek1989 I have the same issue here, both are installed, I've vinculated the accounts in EA (origin) page and still my Xbox app cannot find EA Desktop app.
No idea how to solve it.
Message 3 of 27 (35,623 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Same here. The window briefly opens but then closes. Reinstalled both apps twice now but no avail.

Message 4 of 27 (35,575 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Same here, hope to see a solution soon!

Message 5 of 27 (35,517 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Got it to work!

Had to go to help.ea.com and log in with Xbox Live. By doing that, I had to create a new EA ID (didn't ask to insert email or password). Once that was done, I unlinked the Xbox account from that new EA ID.
Then logged out and logged in again with Xbox Live. This time, it asked me to log in with an EA Account so I inserted my main account and then both EA account and Xbox account were connected.

Now I can download games (in the Xbox app, installing a game opens EA Desktop and installs it from there).

Hope this helps!

Message 6 of 27 (35,499 Views)

★★★ Novice

Done kind the same thing, but at first logged at ea help by xbox account then i was asked to login with ea account to link both. Done that and in my case it won't work.

Message 7 of 27 (35,451 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
@Mini0nPT Thanks this almost help me !

The only anoying thing it that now i got another EA account, not my main one, linked with Xbox Gamepass.. It's not a problem to have a second account, and now I can download games.

I got to restart the EA Desktop app twice to start the download because it failed on the first try.
Message 8 of 27 (35,264 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
@j05uha Yup, Same here. I click 'Install' from the Xbox App, the EA Desktop prompt appears to 'INSTALL EA DESKTOP" (which I have installed), click that and get: "Could not download EA Desktop".

I tried logging in and out of Xbox App, which was a nightmare in and of itself, created a new EA ID which makes things more complicated, but nothing seems to affect the prompt from the Xbox app to open EA Desktop.
Message 9 of 27 (35,165 Views)

★★ Novice

Same issue here. 

Message 10 of 27 (34,424 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help