Re: Xbox app won't connect to EA desktop, can't install any games through gamepa

by Darth_Legulus

Original Post

Re: Xbox app won't connect to EA desktop, can't install any games through gamepa

★★ Novice
@sisibeloved Thank you, it helped
Message 21 of 27 (2,052 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have tried everyting - UAC on, reinstallation EA and Xbox, linking accounts, nothing worked unless ... as last chance I removed Origin application and it was it !

So let's check if you have Origin app installed and remove it, so only EA Desktop and Xbox app are left. 

After removing Origin app I rebooted windows but maybe it is not necessary.

Message 22 of 27 (1,986 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

amazing, thank you so much. i don't know how you found this solution but I'm damn happy. no one else addresses this issue. i don't know why they don't just make it so you log in from the Xbox app instead of this ridiculous round about but I'm happy I finally got this * to work. thanks.

Message 23 of 27 (1,882 Views)

★ Novice

thanks homey!  what a mess.

Message 24 of 27 (1,822 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

This worked for me thankyou Standard smile

Message 25 of 27 (1,218 Views)

★★ Novice

I fixed it by hovering over EA in taskbar, 
right clicking the preview 
'Maximize' window

Message 26 of 27 (760 Views)

★★★ Newbie

this but it wont even send me to the pop up window

Message 27 of 27 (211 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help