Why is EA Play app retired on PS4?

by jackygates

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Why is EA Play app retired on PS4?

★★★ Apprentice

Why is the PS4 EA Play App been retired?  It was a great place to see what games are able to be played though the service and download them from one spot.  Is there going to be another App or will there be a EA Play menu thing integrated to the Playstation Store cuz having to search for individual games in the store sucks.  Please EA unretire the App having one spot for the games is awesome.  

Message 1 of 16 (19,633 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Why is EA Play app retired on PS4?

[ Edited ]
EA SPORTS FC Team

Hi everyone, 

Please keep it on-topic as this topic is specifically about the EA Play Hub being retired. 

You can find more information about where to find and download your games and trials without the EA Play Hub here:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/EA-Play-Console/How-To-Access-Your-EA-Play-Game-Trials/m-p/10879907#M3034

I'll lock this topic to prevent duplicates, but feel free to continue the discussion about the EA Play Hub in the thread that I linked. 

Jason.png

View in thread

Message 16 of 16 (15,835 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Guide
@jackygates No it's just gone with no replacement you have to know what games are on ea play then search them in the store
Message 2 of 16 (19,567 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

When I search in the PSN store under EA Play I get 2205 results... without a dedicated menu thing in the store or the EA Play app to help with showing what games and trials are in the service it's so bad I'm deeply disappointed.  EA why would you do this without another app or something in the actual PSN store to help combat this problem?  Are you guys going to end the Service soon now that the App is retired?

Message 3 of 16 (19,456 Views)

★★★ Guide
@jackygates Guess what there website does even show the correct games for ps4 for e.g

F1 2020 and dirt 5 are not listed anywhere

Correct searching though the store is a nitemare I found f1 2020 only because I was about to buy it or I wouldn't of known.

Without the app its a joke
Message 4 of 16 (19,422 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Bro even this doesn't work cos it only give you the discount price for games that are on the play list

Message 5 of 16 (19,368 Views)

★★ Novice

Funny how no EA employee has responded to this yet

Message 6 of 16 (18,854 Views)

Community Manager

Hey all, you can search the PSN store and add EA Play games directly from there.

Darko 

Darko.png
Message 7 of 16 (18,612 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Since Fifa 22 10 hour trial came out today why isn't it available on Playstation in Australia 

Message 8 of 16 (18,249 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Yes me too, from California. I purchased EA play specifically to have early access to the 10 hour trial, I even purchased the ultimate edition for 100 dollars.  I searched for it in the store and it wasn’t there, I searched the app too. Please fix this, as I am excited to get started as soon as possible on my ultimate team.

Message 9 of 16 (18,226 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Darko there are 2205 things listed into the search for EA Play in the psn store sifting through 2k just for a game in the EA Play search is ridiculous! Will there be a new app or some kind of integrated way to search EA Games though the PSN?  It is frustratingly hard to understand Why the app had to be retired when it was a good app that kept all the games from the service in one spot.

Message 10 of 16 (18,222 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

Troubleshoot issues with EA Play

Get help with The Play List, your discount, DLC, and more.

Check here for answers.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help