Using EA play on different platforms

by MonkeyFurious14

Original Post

Re: Memberships crossplatform

★★★★★ Newbie

There should be an up front warning that you are buying for that platform only. I just bought a membership on my computer, that I never use because it is a POS, and now I can't use it on my PS4. Ugh, what a waste of money!

Message 11 of 20 (2,335 Views)

Re: Using EA play on different platforms

★★★ Newbie

@Dado_fiuman

So far this is a no. I think I will give it another month or two because I do play my ps4 still but if not I will delete. Its on xbox cause of a deal they have with them but thats it so far

Message 12 of 20 (2,282 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@NuCl3aR32 I agree. I was going to buy EA Play but I refuse to purchase it across the 3 different platforms I'd want it on. So trashy of EA to do this crap.
Message 13 of 20 (2,203 Views)

★★★ Newbie

well, as it actually is pretty cheap on a year base, less than 3 bucks a month, i for sure will pay 2 times.. one for playstation and one for pc
i dont see the issue, as it is really really cheap unlike others.

Message 14 of 20 (2,173 Views)

★ Novice

So i bought my EA Play subscription on steam because it is much easier for me to pay than on origin, as i live in a third world country. I assumed that PC was just one platform, and if you bought it on steam, you bought it on every ecosystem on the PC. SURPRISE, its not the case.

Message 15 of 20 (2,111 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
@NuCl3aR32 * EA making * decisions again, look at Xbox Game Pass, that's fully cross-platform between PC and Xbox
Message 16 of 20 (1,992 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
@bhBlacky This kind of mentality is why they slowly push the boundaries on what they can get away with. GG for contributing to this.
Message 17 of 20 (1,990 Views)

★ Novice
@winter_rosenau i had to log in to respond to this... but at least they didnt charge me
Message 18 of 20 (1,859 Views)

★★ Novice
@fled1979 I agree, I was going to do the 1 yr membership on the PC, but once I found out that I can't play the included games on PS4 & PC with the same subscription I decided not to purchase. I shouldn't have to purchase 2 of their memberships for 2 different platforms. maybe if enough people cancel their memberships because of this maybe they will get the hint that it need's to be fixed.
Message 19 of 20 (1,826 Views)

★★ Guide
A note for anyone who doesn't realize this already - Steam and Origin count as separate platforms as well. If you made my mistake of buying EA Access on Origin, then buying 2042 on Origin, refunding it there because the joystick didn't work while buying it on Steam where the joystick does work... well, now you have 2042 on Steam and EA Access on Origin. And apparently that's a no go for rewards!

On the upside, EA Help says they have added me to a queue so that I can get the appropriate Fatal Friend Melee Takedown. Hopefully that pans out.
Message 20 of 20 (1,127 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

Troubleshoot issues with EA Play

Get help with The Play List, your discount, DLC, and more.

Check here for answers.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help