Re: Unable to Play EA Games through Games Pass Ultimate

by EA_Leeuw

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Unable to Play EA Games through Games Pass Ultimate

★★★★★ Newbie

Hello all,

I am reaching out to the community, as I had a terrible experience with EA customer service last night, and know they will be unable to help with my issue. 

I was hoping someone might be able assist me in resolving an issue I am experiencing with trying to play EA Games on Xbox Games Pass Ultimate. When I open any EA Game, I get a message telling me that my credentials have expired and that I need to reset my password. This takes me on an endless loop that doesn't resolve the issue. 

I have full access to my Xbox Live account details and to my EA account, but was told that my Xbox account is linked to a long since deleted account that needs to be reactivated. I was not told what that account would be, and have no memory of ever creating more than one EA account. 

I have seen many threads on this subject posted already, but EA mods seem to lock every one of them before there is any clear resolution - I was wondering if anyone has come across a fix yet?

I should add that I was able to play Fallen Order days ago without any issue. It wasn't until I finished that game and moved onto another EA game on Games Pass that this issue began occuring. I changed no passwords or made no changes to my Xbox or EA accounts. 

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you,

Patrick

Message 1 of 2 (511 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Hey @WarCarrot89,

Thanks for the post.

The only possible fix for this issue would be to reach out to our Live Support (via https://help.ea.com/contact-us)  to check if you're able to recover the missing/old account to which the Xbox Gamer Tag is connected. If you're unable to do this, I'm afraid that there's nothing that can be done. Of course, it's not possible to just removed details/linked accounts from an EA account, without verifying the owner of the EA account first. But unfortunately, this doesn't seem something that is possible in this case.

This EA Help article could also be helpful.

EA_LeeuwAHQ

View in thread

Message 2 of 2 (470 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Hey @WarCarrot89,

Thanks for the post.

The only possible fix for this issue would be to reach out to our Live Support (via https://help.ea.com/contact-us)  to check if you're able to recover the missing/old account to which the Xbox Gamer Tag is connected. If you're unable to do this, I'm afraid that there's nothing that can be done. Of course, it's not possible to just removed details/linked accounts from an EA account, without verifying the owner of the EA account first. But unfortunately, this doesn't seem something that is possible in this case.

This EA Help article could also be helpful.

EA_LeeuwAHQ
Message 2 of 2 (471 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

Troubleshoot issues with EA Play

Get help with The Play List, your discount, DLC, and more.

Check here for answers.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help