Purchasing a game through EA Play do I get it on both Xbox & PC?

by 3xM39

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Purchasing a game through EA Play do I get it on both Xbox & PC?

★★★ Newbie

I currently have Xbox Game Pass which gives me access to EA play which I use both on my PC & my Xbox (same account). If I buy a game on EA play through my Xbox, will I have access to the game on my PC too or visa versa? Thank you

Message 1 of 7 (6,543 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Purchasing a game through EA Play do I get it on both Xbox & PC?

Community Manager

Hey @3xM39 games you purchase will only be playable on the platform you purchase them. If you buy a game on Xbox through EA Play then you will be able to play that game on Xbox, if you purchase the PC version then you will be able to play on PC. 

Darko

Darko.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 7 (6,521 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hey @3xM39 games you purchase will only be playable on the platform you purchase them. If you buy a game on Xbox through EA Play then you will be able to play that game on Xbox, if you purchase the PC version then you will be able to play on PC. 

Darko

Darko.png
Message 2 of 7 (6,522 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thanks Darko Standard smile

Message 3 of 7 (6,505 Views)

Community Manager

Happy to be of help @3xM39.

Darko 

Darko.png
Message 4 of 7 (6,432 Views)

★ Novice

Will there be a discounted option offered to have the game on both PC and Xbox since there is the potential for cross platform progression? It’s a bit silly you don’t get the game on any platform agnostically when you purchase.

Message 5 of 7 (5,275 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @Rooter0 if you have EA Play on both Xbox and PC then you will already be offered a discount.

Darko 

Darko.png
Message 6 of 7 (5,248 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Too bad you can’t cross play I got almost entire sims 4 library my computer broke and they have very many sales for consoles like they do pc cause right now currently epic games is giving away free titles to the game and only pc players have access. Will Ea ever honor console players it be nice if we can get games as. Well or at least be able to transfer our game library it’s unfair and then if you order game through ea play it’s barely $5.00 off I wish you guys would consider console players I just can’t see myself buying the entire catalogue again. I really miss my game

Message 7 of 7 (4,981 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

Troubleshoot issues with EA Play

Get help with The Play List, your discount, DLC, and more.

Check here for answers.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help