Re: I have Xbox Game Pass Ultimate, but EA Play isn't working

by Pigletti99

Original Post

EA SPORTS FC Team

Hi @TheRealAntPlays,

You can only make use of the EA Play offer through Xbox Game Pass Ultimate via the EA app. 

It won't work via Origin, so please head over to https://www.ea.com/ea-app-beta and install the EA app, log in, and try again.

Jason.png
Message 61 of 77 (14,036 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I just fixed a similar issue on PC. 

I have Game Pass, wen I tried to download a game through EA Play it will launch the EA app then ask me to purchase a subscription. Its almost as if the accounts didnt link correctly.

I went on the preferences of my EA account and unlinked the current Xbox account under the "Connections" tab here: https://myaccount.ea.com/cp-ui/connectaccounts/index

I then logged out of the EA Play app, and Reset the Xbox app by going to the Start menu > right click the Xbox app > App Settings > Reset. 

Once it's been reset I then launched it again and logged back in to my Microsoft account that has the Game Pass subscription. Then I clicked on one of the EA games in the library which redirected me again to the EA Play app, but this time it asked me to re-link my Xbox and my EA accounts. I linked them back up and the game started downloading.

Hopefully this helps someone, I found the solution from another similar thread from a year ago. 

Message 62 of 77 (13,668 Views)

★★★ Newbie

When this happened to me i just closed the ea launcher after i was logged in and when i next pressed the download button on the xbox app it reloaded and worked. 

Message 63 of 77 (13,356 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I'm totally desperated and finally want to receive help. I'm a Game Pass Ultimate member but I cannot login to Xbox with my account. So I'm not able to use EA Play which is part of my membership. If I try to login I only get a popup that I need to change my password. But if I do this it's the same problem. It's like an endless loop. I already contacted EA support and M$ regarding this issue as well. Nobody wanted to help me. In my EA account no Xbox account is connected so I can't unlink it. Onle Epic & Steam accounts are connected. There must be something "under the hood" I guess.

Will I never be able to use EA Play even if it's part of GPU? I cannot accept that and finally want help with this issue.

Thanks & regards

eifelkenny

Message 64 of 77 (13,315 Views)

★★★ Newbie

It's unbelievable that there is no help or way to raise a support issue on either the EA or xbox side. I'm facing a similar issue and it seems impossible to get any kind of support. The only way I can see to contact anyone is through the "phone me back" option, and it doesn't work...the web form just errors as soon as you click submit after filling in all the details to phone me back.

Is there really no support for Xbox? How can the situation be so bad?

Message 65 of 77 (13,125 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Unfortuantely it's known that EA support is most of the worst ones of all game companies. That's the reason why so many people do hate them as well. It's a shame since they really have a nice line up of games I'll never be able to play. Thanks for nothing EA. I'm now gonna play games from customer friendly companies.

Message 66 of 77 (13,009 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have the same issue too. I want to play NFS Heat thru XBOX Game Pass and yet it will direct my over to EA ang wants me to subscribe to EA PLAY. Disgusting

Message 67 of 77 (12,474 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Anyone still having issues with Gamepass version and EA Play trying to get you to subscribe should close down EA play (not just minimise it) and try again, worked for me.

Message 68 of 77 (11,778 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hey guys, 

Only work around I have found for this, is logging into the Microsoft store on desktop, getting the game via EA Play via the MS Store, and installing it to your device from browser. 

I was having the same issue downloading the F1 22 trial on console, just kept taking me to the EA play account management. 

Now downloading. 

Hope it works for you all. 

Message 69 of 77 (11,557 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Any solution, xbox support is *.

I have game pass ultimate on PC but when i go to install a EA play game it redirects me to the launcher and says i dont own EA play and i have to eather buy EA play directly or buy the game.

Message 70 of 77 (11,441 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

Troubleshoot issues with EA Play

Get help with The Play List, your discount, DLC, and more.

Check here for answers.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help