FIFA 21 trial locks with 6/7 hours left

by KarlMUFC5

Original Post

FIFA 21 trial locks with 6/7 hours left

★★★ Newbie

Had the 10 hour trial of fifa 21. I’ve played some today. Then switched my PS4 off. I’ve come back to play it, there must have been 6 or 7 hours worth of the trial left and now it’s locked. Lock sign next to the game and it says cannot use the content, cannot connect to the server to verify the licence. What’s going on??!!

Message 1 of 7 (1,168 Views)

Re: FIFA 21 trial locks with 6/7 hours left

★★ Novice

I've had the exact same issue. It already started weird as when I opened the game it didnt show me a warning message with the amount of hours I have left (although I remember it is about 4 hours and a handful of minutes, I checked it last night). It opened fine although it took two tries to connect to the EA servers. Then, when I succeeded, I tried to open pro clubs. It loaded for a very long time and eventually showed me the blue screen that now pops up every time I try to open FIFA 21: "Cannot use content. Cannot connect to the server to verify the licence".

I have restarted my PS4 twice already. FUT seems to work fine on FIFA 20(!), but pro clubs seemed to have an issue there too: "Failed to load data" (if I recall correctly). 

I can open pro clubs on FIFA 20 now but it still shows the same message when trying to open FIFA 21.

I'd like this issue to be resolved as I don't want to have been careful with spending my hours just to end up wasting 4 of them on an error.

PS: it also shows the lock sign next to FIFA 21 for me

Message 2 of 7 (1,153 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Exactly the same for me it says cannot verify or something, ea practically stole from us 😭

Message 3 of 7 (1,141 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Same here,

I actually had +-6 hours left, EA just took the money and now they dont let me play anymore... Very dissapointing.

Message 4 of 7 (1,090 Views)

★★ Novice

8 hours left here. Silence is deafening. 

Message 5 of 7 (972 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

It's happening again. This time on the Fifa 22 trial on PlayStation ...

Message 6 of 7 (552 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @Spiderluke please do not bump older threads.

This issue is generally related to not fully exiting out of the game resulting in the game time continuing to tick down.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 7 of 7 (525 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

Troubleshoot issues with EA Play

Get help with The Play List, your discount, DLC, and more.

Check here for answers.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help