EA Play on Xbox Game Pass

by EA_Cade

Original Post

EA Play on Xbox Game Pass

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

EA Play is coming to Xbox Game Pass Ultimate & Xbox Game Pass PC. We've answered any questions you may have below.

When will EA Play come to Xbox Game Pass Ultimate & Xbox Game Pass for PC?

Xbox Game Pass Ultimate & Xbox Game Pass for PC members will receive EA Play at no additional cost starting holiday 2020.

What is EA Play?

EA Play is a console and PC gaming subscription that provides members with access to a collection of EA’s best-loved series and top titles on console and PC, exclusive in-game challenges and rewards, special member-only content, and access to exclusive trials of upcoming new games from best-loved franchises and top titles.

Will all Xbox Game Pass plans include EA Play?

Xbox Game Pass Ultimate members will receive EA Play on Xbox One, Xbox Series X & Windows 10.  Xbox Game Pass for PC members will receive EA Play on Windows 10.  Xbox Game Pass for Console does not include EA Play.

Is EA Play available in my market?

EA Play is available in all Xbox Game Pass markets.

What version of EA Play do Xbox Game Pass member receive?  EA Play or EA Play Pro?

Xbox Game Pass Ultimate and Xbox Game Pass for PC members receive EA Play.  EA Play pro is only available through EA’s PC platform, Origin.

What is the discount on EA digital content that Xbox Game Pass members receive?

Xbox Game Pass Ultimate members receive 10% off EA digital purchase (full games, DLC and more) via the Microsoft Store, Origin and EA’s desktop app.  Xbox Game Pass for PC members receive a 10% discount on EA digital content through Origin and EA’s PC desktop app.  Additional Xbox Game Pass member discounts do not apply to EA digital content.

What will happen to my subscriptions if I already have both Xbox Game Pass Ultimate & EA Play on Xbox?

When the EA Play member benefit unlocks for Xbox Game Pass Ultimate members, users who have both Xbox Game Pass Ultimate and EA Play purchased through the Microsoft Store will have their EA Play membership canceled and any remaining time over 50 days will be rounded up and converted to the nearest month of Xbox Game Pass Ultimate at a ratio of 3:1.

For example, if you have between 50 days and 3 months of EA Play already on your account when EA Play comes to Ultimate, you will have 1 month of Xbox Game Pass Ultimate added to your account. If you have between 4 months and 6 months of EA Play already on your account when EA Play comes to Ultimate, you will have 2 months of Xbox Game Pass Ultimate added to your account.

What will happen to my subscriptions if I already have both Xbox Game Pass Ultimate or Xbox Game Pass for PC & I purchased EA Play/Origin Basic through Origin?

Please visit Origin.com to manage your EA Play membership on PC. Your EA Play membership will not be automatically canceled, and any remaining time on your EA Play membership will not be converted to Xbox Game Pass Ultimate or Xbox Game Pass for PC time.

What happens if I have Xbox Game Pass Ultimate, but I only want EA Play?

You can cancel your Xbox Game Pass Ultimate subscription at any time and then sign up for EA Play.   To cancel your Xbox Game Pass Ultimate subscription, sign in at account.microsoft.com/services. Under Xbox Game Pass Ultimate, select Payment & billing, then Cancel. You’ll have an option to end your subscription on its expiration date. Depending on your subscription’s status, you may also have an option to end it immediately with a refund of the price you paid for Ultimate only.

The upgrade of any prepaid time can’t be reverted to Xbox Live Gold or other Xbox Game Pass plans and is not eligible for refund.

Do Family settings apply to EA Play?

Family Settings such as screen time limits, content filters, and adult purchase approval apply to both Xbox One and Windows 10. The easiest way to set up and manage your family is on family.microsoft.com

EACade
Message 1 of 1 (19,982 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

Troubleshoot issues with EA Play

Get help with The Play List, your discount, DLC, and more.

Check here for answers.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help