Re: EA Play in offline mode

by SHDW_Saint

Original Post

Accepted Solution

EA Play in offline mode

★★★ Newbie

Hi,

the answer is :" if i install star wars jedi: fallen order, using Ea play subscription,  a fews days later can i play without internet connection? "
Thanks,
Attilio

Message 1 of 39 (41,689 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Hey @Attaloxx if you set EA Desktop or Origin to offline then you should have no issue playing offline.

You will have to periodically go online so as to ensure that the licenses are fully up to date and working but I play EA Play games in offline mode all the time.

Darko  

Darko.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 39 (41,647 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Hey @Attaloxx if you set EA Desktop or Origin to offline then you should have no issue playing offline.

You will have to periodically go online so as to ensure that the licenses are fully up to date and working but I play EA Play games in offline mode all the time.

Darko  

Darko.png
Message 2 of 39 (41,648 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Not to be rude but that's not true, I'm always required to have an internet connection for the EA app when I want to play any EA play game and it's really annoying as I dont always have a connection. Please fix this.

Message 3 of 39 (38,540 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @ebleek while offline play is not available during the EA Desktop Beta you can still access your game through Origin which has an offline feature.

Darko 

Darko.png
Message 4 of 39 (38,535 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Hi Darko, thank you for that reply, I want to ask how can I access my games using origin?, I'm also an Xbox game pass ultimate user that's how i got my EA Play subscription

Message 5 of 39 (38,527 Views)

Community Manager

If using EA Play through Xbox Game Pass @ebleek then you will not be able to access it on Origin.

Darko 

Darko.png
Message 6 of 39 (38,523 Views)

★★★ Newbie

So first you say you can set it offline mode. Then someone tells you thats not true becuase the EA App won't even start without an internet connection.

Then you amend your statement and say, no EA Play won't work offline, you can use Origin offline mode.

Then because we are using EA Play and therefore are not allowed to use Origin, you tell us we won't be able to play offline, which frankly is *. If we download non-multiplayer games like Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order and we lose internet connection we should still be able to play, but for some reason you guys have designed this app so that if we don't have an internet connection it literally will not launch.

Message 7 of 39 (38,461 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Hey @SHDW_Saint I was mistaken, you can play games you own on EA offline but not EA Play.

If you wish to use EA Play games through Game Pass then you will need to be online.

If you have EA Play through the EA App or Origin then you can play it on both.

Also, as the app is still in Beta changes are being made all the time.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 8 of 39 (38,454 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Please understand what we are saying

1. I have EA app on a PC...

2. I bought Fifa 22...

3. I have EA access *but

4 I purchased the game...

I still need access to Internet if i want to play fifa 22 (same with fifa 21 sam with fifa 20) all purchased...

Yet i need Internet to launch the app first man understand 

The EA app doesn't work offline period 

Message 9 of 39 (36,363 Views)

Community Manager

If you own the games @CJustin416 then you can play them on Origin which has an offline mode.

As the EA App is still in beta features are being added all the time.

Darko 

Darko.png
Message 10 of 39 (36,335 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help