EA Play Info

by CarbonCarl

Original Post

EA Play Info

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

Hello everyone, I wanted to share a small amount of info about EA Play that might help you out and answer some common questions. I will keep this updated and add more info as time goes by if necessary.

What is EA Play?
EA Play is a subscription service that offers you the ultimate game destination for anyone who loves EA titles. Membership gives you more of your favorite Electronic Arts games – more rewards, more exclusive trials, and more discounts.

What is included with EA play?

• Unlock exclusive challenges and rewards, member-only content, early trials of new releases, and access to a library of top titles.
  • Play select new-release games for up to 10 hours even before they launch.
  • Get more to play with unlimited access to a collection of Electronic Arts fan-favorite series and top titles.
  • Save 10% on all EA digital purchases on Consoles including game downloads, Season Passes, points packs, and DLC.

You can view the full list of playable games available with EA Play for your console here: Xbox, Playstation.

If I play an EA Play early access game trial will my progress carry over?
Yep, all your progress will carry over, so you can pick up where you left off if you decide to purchase the game.

Will I have to purchase the game once the trial period is over to continue playing?
When your trial expires you will need to purchase the full game to continue playing on the release date, although some titles will offer early access if pre-ordered.

Is EA Play cross-platform?
No, unfortunately EA play requires a separate subscription for each of the following platforms

• Playstation
  • Xbox
  • Origin - PC
  • Steam - PC

Can Steam and Origin players play together?

Yes. Whilst both are still separate platforms and require separate subscriptions they do get the ability to play together.

How do I access my EA Play games?
You can access all available EA Play games for your console by downloading and using the EA Play Hub App, free to download from the store.
Alternatively you can download the games directly from the store.

For PC players you can access the games through the Origin or Steam Client.

What is the cost of EA Play?
EA Play is just $4.99/£3.99 a month or $29.99/£19.99 for a full year.

How do I subscribe to EA Play?

You can sign up through the EA Play website here or by using your console explained below.

Playstation

Find the EA Play console app on the PlayStation Store

1. On your PlayStation 4, go to the PlayStation™ Store.
  2. Search for EA Play.
  3. Install and launch the EA Play Hub app.

1. Launch EA Play on your PlayStation 4.
  2. Click Sign Up Now.
  3. Select either a monthly or yearly membership.
  4. Continue to the next page to pay and finish signing up.

Xbox

Find the EA Play console app on the Xbox One Store

1. Select the Store tab on the Xbox One home screen.
  2. Select Apps.
  3. Search for EA Play.
  4. Install and launch the EA Play Hub app.

1. Launch EA Play on your Xbox One.
  2. Scroll right to Learn More.
  3. Click Sign Up.
  4. Select either a monthly or yearly membership.
  5. Continue to the next page to pay and finish signing up.

Can I sign up to EA Play Pro on console?
I'm afraid not, EA Play Pro is exclusive to Origin on PC only.

Can I cancel my EA Play membership?
Yes of course, just remember if you cancel your membership, you’ll keep your game progress (as long as you don’t manually delete your save files) and all earned Trophies/Achievements.
However, you can’t continue playing the games you’ve downloaded unless you buy them or reactivate your membership. When you reactivate your membership or buy the games, you can pick up right where you left off the next time you play.

Once you cancel your membership, you will keep your membership benefits until the end of your membership period.

You can see below how to cancel membership for your specific platform or contact Playstation Support, Xbox Support., PC Support.

PC

• Go to your EA Account Settings.
  • In the navigation panel on the left-hand side, click on Subscription.
  • Next to Membership, click Cancel Membership.

Playstation

• From your PlayStation 4, navigate to [Settings] > [Account Management] > [Account Information] > [PlayStation Subscriptions].
  • Select the EA Play membership you want to cancel.
  • Select Turn Off Auto-Renewal.

Xbox

What happened to EA Access & Origin Access?
They just got a name change, now they’re EA Play and EA Play Pro. You still have access to all the great games and benefits as an EA Access, Origin Access Basic, or Origin Access Premier member.

Need help?

You can find more help here https://help.ea.com/en/ or post on this forum and other gamers will come to your rescue.

Message 1 of 12 (17,080 Views)

Re: EA Play Info

★★★ Newbie

i want to ask a questions about the list of games that are unlimited games that i can play with the EA Play plan and what are the games that is only for 10hrs of game time?

Message 2 of 12 (16,673 Views)

Champion (Retired)
Hi @Nicekilasa23

All the games listed for each platform here: https://www.ea.com/ea-play are fully playable for unlimited time.

The 10hr trials are usually for newly released games because those games don’t go to EA Play straight away.
So currently FIFA 21, Madden 21 and Star Wars: Squadrons all offer a 10hr trial for EA Play subscribers.
Message 3 of 12 (16,658 Views)

★ Novice

Will I be able to play the games that I have purchased on origin on ps4 if I link my accounts?

Message 4 of 12 (16,417 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @Diannaisthebest it is not possible to play games you own on Origin on any other platform. If you would like to play the same game on multiple platforms then you would need to own it on each.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 5 of 12 (16,396 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I hav ea play on my steam account, can i use that account to play on the playstation 4? cause i coud not fin that option when i should go in to ea play on playstation 4, my steam account is connected to ea but can't see how i am gonna connect the playstation 4, it is different emails though

Message 6 of 12 (15,676 Views)

Champion (Retired)
Hi @Kricknation

I’m afraid you will need to buy a separate EA Play subscription for your PS4. Your Steam EA Play is not usable on other platforms.
Message 7 of 12 (15,664 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I was just wondering whether you know to fix a problem I have with my EA account.

Basically every time I try to access any online feature on my Xbox one it wants me to upgrade to adult (even though it already is) and when I try to upgrade it it says it is limited by a parental account even I don't have a digital family.

Message 8 of 12 (14,899 Views)

★★★★ Novice

While this might be a good deal for PC or Xbox, the PS4 games available are a fraction of what you get on the other platforms. IMO it’s a rip off for PS4 users, and not fairly balanced. I Will not buy or try EA Play until all available games are made available on all platforms. 

Message 9 of 12 (14,764 Views)

★★★ Novice

So I bought the 1-month EA Play to save on pre-ordering NHL 22, but on Playstation it still says 6 days until I can download the game. So I tried looking for the EA Play hub app mentioned above but it doesn't show up, only the subscription purchases. My PSN is connected to EA, but nothing shows up under 'Order History'. How do I go about getting 10 hours of early access?

Message 10 of 12 (14,251 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

Troubleshoot issues with EA Play

Get help with The Play List, your discount, DLC, and more.

Check here for answers.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help