Cannot play a game i paid for?? Ea play password expired.

by RTurbo91

Original Post

Cannot play a game i paid for?? Ea play password expired.

★★ Newbie

I purchased Battlefront 2. I chose the version without EA Play because i knew i didnt have an EA Play account and if i did, it was many moons ago.

Download is finally complete, cant wait to play but oh no! EA Play account is expired, reset your password.. okay... i only have 1 email address, so i type it in, sure enough they found me and send me a reset link. I reset the password. Nothing changes on my console, still getting the error message. Called support, they cant help me because it must be set up on another email.. its not. So, i spent $30 on a game i cant play, and lookong at their roster of games, there is a lot of games that i just will never be able to play because i cant sign in on my console.

Total BS

Message 1 of 3 (432 Views)

Re: Cannot play a game i paid for?? Ea play password expired.

Community Manager

@RTurbo91 

Assuming you can verify ownership of the account, our Advisors should be able to reset this for you so we need you to contact them again. 

Click the following link to get started: https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/

For help with contacting an Advisor, please see this link: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/contact-ea-help/

Thanks.

barry.png
Message 2 of 3 (400 Views)

Re: Cannot play a game i paid for?? Ea play password expired.

★★★ Newbie

I spent an hour on the phone and reset passwords numerous times. Even accessed an old account i didnt know existed and changed the email from one of mine to the other. It didnt fix the 'reset your password' error message. The rep finally told me that i was out of luck and unless i could figure out another email that i could have used, my xbox would no longer be able to play any EA game. Case 112335303. 

I did buy this xbox 2nd hand, if the xbox was linked to the previous owners account then deleted, Im still screwed. 

Why can i not link my xbox to my new EA Play account? Do i have to buy a subscription?

Message 3 of 3 (380 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

Troubleshoot issues with EA Play

Get help with The Play List, your discount, DLC, and more.

Check here for answers.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help