Original Post

a way out - police grappling unbeatable

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Product: A Way Out
Platform:PC
Which mode has this happened in? Couch Co-Op
Which character were you controlling? Leo
Summarize your bug The game won't recognise my PC controller so I've had to resort to routing Origin through Steam so I can use my Steam controller with the game. Part 1 worked fine, however, when I get to Part 2 of the game the police guards become unbeatable (with either character). By unbeatable I mean that the once you press the right shoulder controller button (or less mouse click) to grapple with them and the mini-game starts where you need to repeatedly hit X or E, the bar falls too rapidly such that it is impossible to get the bar to full (and therefore knock out the enemy and progress). This happens regardless of how fast you hit the keys.
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Using Steam load Origin. Then in Origin load A Way Out. Play using a Steam controller. Try to play through Part 2 and knock out a police guard - by pressing either the left mouse button or right shoulder button on controller. Once this is done a mini-game starts where E on the keyboard or X on the controller needs to be pressed in order to knock out the police guard. Bar will fall and mini-game will fail no matter how hard you hit the respective keys.
What happens when the bug occurs? Police guards in the start of Part 2: Escape are unable to be knocked out (bar falls too rapidly regardless of buttons being pressed). This is game breaking as there is a section where you can only progress by knocking out 2 policemen at the same time.
What do you expect to see? When the grappling minigame comes up asking you to hit X on the controller (or E on the keyboard) you should be able to repeatedly hit the button to knock out the guard

Summarize your bug The game won't recognise my PC controller so I've had to resort to routing Origin through Steam so I can use my Steam controller with the game. Part 1 worked fine, however, when I get to Part 2 of the game the police guards become unbeatable (with either character). By unbeatable I mean that the once you press the right shoulder controller button (or less mouse click) to grapple with them and the mini-game starts where you need to repeatedly hit X or E, the bar falls too rapidly such that it is impossible to get the bar to full (and therefore knock out the enemy and progress). This happens regardless of how fast you hit the keys.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Using Steam load Origin. Then in Origin load A Way Out. Play using a Steam controller. Try to play through Part 2 and knock out a police guard - by pressing either the left mouse button or right shoulder button on controller. Once this is done a mini-game starts where E on the keyboard or X on the controller needs to be pressed in order to knock out the police guard. Bar will fall and mini-game will fail no matter how hard you hit the respective keys.
What happens when the bug occurs? Police guards in the start of Part 2: Escape are unable to be knocked out (bar falls too rapidly regardless of buttons being pressed). This is game breaking as there is a section where you can only progress by knocking out 2 policemen at the same time.
What do you expect to see? When the grappling minigame comes up asking you to hit X on the controller (or E on the keyboard) you should be able to repeatedly hit the button to knock out the guard

What do you expect to see? When the grappling minigame comes up asking you to hit X on the controller (or E on the keyboard) you should be able to repeatedly hit the button to knock out the guard.

Message 1 of 30 (22,432 Views)

Re: a way out - police grappling unbeatable

Community Manager (retired)

Hey @chrisvhoward

I think we're already got a report about a similar issue Oops

Could you try to check out if the same problem occurs if you're playing in the online mode? Or, if it's possible, to see if any you'll be able to pass this moment using a different controller?

Thanks!

/Ataashi

Message 2 of 30 (22,331 Views)

★★★ Novice
I have the same problem. No steam, one PC, keyboard and xbox 360 controller (tested with 3 controllers). When E on keyboard works well, xbox controller stops reacting on X in the woods. At the same time all is good with X in the menu. Please, fix asap.
Message 3 of 30 (22,323 Views)

★★★ Novice
I had to play online to pass this quest. Even with 2 keybords it was hard to pass. Seems to be a bug in the PC version
Message 4 of 30 (22,284 Views)

@DemonMutabor

I'm glad you've managed to find a workaround, even if it wasn't the easiest solution! Embarrassed

I'll let the team know of the possible problem here. I hope you'll not encounter any similar bugs in other chapters.

/Ataashi

Message 5 of 30 (22,275 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Heey,

I had the same issue yesterday. But than with a PS4 controller. When pressing as fast as possible on square as possible, it suddenly stops reacting. Tried different controllers, but after failing over 10 times we stopped playing and called it a night. I hope they get to see this, because it would be a shame to have more of these bugs where we need to be online to pass it.
You gave me the idea of going online to pass it, thanks for that!
Message 6 of 30 (22,243 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

我也有這個問題

我認為這是2P的PC BUG 

我用2P的 ps4  遊戲桿和XBOX360遊戲桿

但它仍然發生!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i have the problem too

i think it is the PC 2P BUG

i have us PS4Joystick and XBOX360Joystick

but is still happen!!!

and i stock i cant go through the game!!!!!!

Message 7 of 30 (22,167 Views)

Hey @Zoe-andy

Could you try the workaround with switching to online coop and trying to get past this point in the game?

/Ataashi

Message 8 of 30 (22,160 Views)

★★★ Novice

i play the game with my wife and if it cant fix the bug  

when i have other need to double kill with police or other need to fast put the Joystick button

it will still unbeatable with 2P 

it still need to workaround that is.....so................................

Message 9 of 30 (22,156 Views)

★★★ Novice
Guys, sad news. After online mode the 1PC mode not switching to next chapter. It seems that online & 1PC modes have no sync. Had to continue to play online even after game was updated Frown
Message 10 of 30 (22,132 Views)