Re: Resolution and Pointer problem for Unravel

by Starfruit77

Original Post

Resolution and Pointer problem for Unravel

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Why is the resolution of Unravel really big, and why is the mouse pointer missing? When I screenshotted the image, the pointer shows a really big size. Also the bottom tab appears to turn big before opening the game. How do I fix this?

This image shows the text is pixelated.

Image of the text pixelated

Message 1 of 5 (1,191 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Hi @Starfruit77 - Unravel does not use a mouse at all, so not seeing the mouse pointer in-game is by design.  You'll use keyboard controls to play the game. 

If you're having problems with the resolution, exit the game.

In Origin:

• Right-click the Unravel icon and choose "Game Properties"
  • Uncheck the "Enable Origin In Game" checkbox.
  • Click on the Advanced Launch Options tab
  • Type -f in the Command Line Arguments box.
  • Save and then exit the window.

This should start the game in default resolution.

Once you open the game, press the Esc key to bring up the menu. Then you can use the down arrow to select the graphics settings menu, where you can set a higher resolution. Be sure to press the enter key on "Apply" to save changes to the resolution.

The first level is essentially a tutorial on how to play the game. You might want to download the Unravel Game Manual just to get a feel for the basics about moving through the game.

Message 2 of 5 (1,152 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@BlackjackWidow OMG it was all enter all along...
I feel so dumb...🤦
And this took a day to figure out...
Message 3 of 5 (1,137 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@Starfruit77 I feel your pain! I just started this game myself, and it honestly took me days to figure out to press the esc button to bring up a menu 🤣😂😂

I'm too embarrassed to even tell you how bad I am at this linear play. But now that I can enter and exit the game, and sometimes even jump & throw the yarn at the same time, I am determined to to master it lol.

Hope you enjoy the game, and thanks for posting here. At least now I know I'm not the only one who could have used a tiny bit more basic game instruction 👍

Message 4 of 5 (1,124 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@BlackjackWidow Wow good luck on that! They should add in "press enter to start" and "press esc for menu" so people would know instead spending days on trying to find a solution. That way it would be more user-friendly.
Message 5 of 5 (1,112 Views)