Re: Problem with sounds with HDMI connection

by AlexandrBez

Original Post

Problem with sounds with HDMI connection

★★★ Newbie

Hi. I'm running Unravel from a laptop (Win 10) which is connected to a TV with a HDMI cable. HDMI is set as a default sound device. Though, sounds and music are still only played through laptop speakers. If I switch the laptop speakers off in playback devices (leaving HDMI as the only active playback device), no sounds are present anymore. It probably means that Unravel is unable to send sounds through HDMI device, but I wonder if there is any way to fix it.

Message 1 of 5 (1,484 Views)

Hi @cardinalgray,

Other games/apps work properly with the HDMI audio output?

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

No trabajo para EA, solo soy un jugador tratando de ayudar a otros jugadores. No respondo mensajes privados, Permite que otros puedan beneficiarse de la información.

I don't work for EA, I'm just a player like you, trying to help other players. I do not reply private messages.

Message 2 of 5 (1,465 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Yeah, the problem only exists with Unravel.

Message 3 of 5 (1,453 Views)

@cardinalgray,

Could you please provide a DxDiag with information about your PC? Please follow this instructions and upload the file here to AHQ when replying to this message: http://help.ea.com/en/article/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

No trabajo para EA, solo soy un jugador tratando de ayudar a otros jugadores. No respondo mensajes privados, Permite que otros puedan beneficiarse de la información.

I don't work for EA, I'm just a player like you, trying to help other players. I do not reply private messages.

Message 4 of 5 (1,451 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Good afternoon! I have an exact similar problem: game audio and sound does not work on TV with HDMI cable. I have tried everything, even updating drivers, reinstalled the game, checked settings again and nothing has changed - audio is still only on laptop speakers. Other games and apps translate sound on TV. I have provided DxDiag with information about my laptop, and thhere it shows that LG TV is a sound device by default. I attach screenshots (one in English and another in Ukrainian) Could you please help me with solving this problem? I would really appreciate that!

Message 5 of 5 (970 Views)