by LittleBoo4

Original Post

[PC] A Way Out local co-op controller issues

★★★ Newbie

Product: A Way Out
Platform:PC
Which mode has this happened in? Couch Co-Op
Which character were you controlling? Leo
Summarize your bug So we're attempting to play the game with a keyboard and mouse for player 1, and an xbox 360 controller for player 2. Every time once the controller is connected the game spazzes out, the controller controls both players cameras and some button presses causes the game to minimise to the desktop. Renders the game unplayable. Last week we had the same issue and we tried a clean reboot in windows, which at the time seemed to work, but now doesn't. It's ridiculous that in 2018 a massive publisher like EA can't even get their games to work as they should.
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Just open the game and try with one keyboard and one controller
What happens when the bug occurs? The xbox controller controls both cameras and some buttons make the game minisime
What do you expect to see? The cameras to work normally

Hopefully someone can help with this issue as it's really annoying and I'd like to be able to actually  PLAY the game that I purchased...

Message 1 of 4 (10,658 Views)

Re: [PC] A Way Out local co-op controller issues

★★★★★ Newbie
did you solve your issues already? i am facing similar problems. No desktop crashes, but the xbox 360 controller controlls the movement of both characters....
Message 2 of 4 (10,331 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Fixed it.
I had Steam running in the background. Killed it, and no controller issues anymore.

Probably something to do with the overlay...

I hope it also solves it in your case.

Cheers!

Message 3 of 4 (10,076 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@adambreguet Please tell me this is solved. I have the same problem in 2021.
Message 4 of 4 (2,840 Views)