One of the controller is controlling both characters

by tensaicash

Original Post

Accepted Solution

One of the controller is controlling both characters

★★ Novice

Hi, 

I am able to launch the game on my PC but when I start a local coop game, one of my controllers will control both the players which renders one of the characters completely useless. 

I tried disconnecting one of the controllers and use the configuration of 1 keyboard+mouse and 1 controller but the same thing happens. The controller still controls both the protagonists.

Is there a solution for this? Cheers.

P.s. I am using 2 PS4 controllers and connecting them to my Windows 10 via DS4Windows

Message 1 of 5 (41,242 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: One of the controller is controlling both characters

★★ Novice

Hi @EA_Ataashi

Apparently, "A Way Out" has its own internal "DS4Windows" system. When I launch the DS4Windows along with the game, one of the controller will assume control of both the controllers. Thanks a lot for your help! I appreciate your swift response :D 

FIX: Launch "A Way Out" without DS4Windows or Steam running in the background.

With Thanks,

Cash

View in thread

Message 3 of 5 (41,674 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager (retired)

Hey @tensaicash

I think the problem might be connected with DS4Windows settings directly. I did a small research and managed to find a few articles, where players pointed out a similar issue in different games Wondering

Unfortunately, I don't use DS4Windows, but maybe these steps, which I found, will turn out to be useful for you.

• Open DS4Windows.
  • Go to profile tab.
  • Highlight your profile and click edit.
  • Click the box that says Use Dinput only.
  • Click save profile.

Or you can check "Hide DS4 controller" on DS4 setting in Windows (outside of the game).

/Ataashi

Message 2 of 5 (41,208 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi @EA_Ataashi

Apparently, "A Way Out" has its own internal "DS4Windows" system. When I launch the DS4Windows along with the game, one of the controller will assume control of both the controllers. Thanks a lot for your help! I appreciate your swift response :D 

FIX: Launch "A Way Out" without DS4Windows or Steam running in the background.

With Thanks,

Cash

Message 3 of 5 (41,675 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

I'm glad to hear that you've figure it out @tensaicash Standard smile

Enjoy the game!

/Ataashi

Message 4 of 5 (41,187 Views)

★ Novice
@EA_Ataashi cant find a box that says "Use Dinput Only" after I click to edit my profile
Message 5 of 5 (6,589 Views)