Fe does not recognize Xbox One controller on PC

by Zarhrezz

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Fe does not recognize Xbox One controller on PC

★★★ Newbie

When starting Fe (on PC, through Origin) the (wired) Xbox One controller is not recognized at all. In the controls menu, all settings related to controller are grayed out. Since keyboard remapping is completely lacking from this game, it is unplayable for a left-handed player in this state. I also noticed that the steam version is listed as having full controller support. How can I enable controller support for this game?

Message 1 of 7 (2,055 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Fe does not recognize Xbox One controller on PC

★★★ Newbie

Since Fe was on sale on steam, I decided to buy it and see if the steam version has controller support. Turns out it does, no configuration required, just install and go.

So if you want to play this game with a controller, buy it on steam and not on Origin.

View in thread

Message 4 of 7 (1,967 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hey @Zarhrezz  Can you try going through the below steps and see if this issue continues for you? (also FE does work with controller) 

• Run a repair on Origin.   
    • Select My Game Library in Origin. 
    • Right-click on the game tile. 
    • Select Repair Game. 
  • Clear Origin Cache 
  • Once the above steps are done, relaunch Origin > Connect your controller > then launch the game and see if this issue is fixed. 

Illium.png

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Message 2 of 7 (2,018 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hey @EA_Illium,

I've gone through the steps and still no controller support....the grayed out controller-related options are no longer present in the in-game menu's. So not even a hint of controller support anymore.

Message 3 of 7 (2,003 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Since Fe was on sale on steam, I decided to buy it and see if the steam version has controller support. Turns out it does, no configuration required, just install and go.

So if you want to play this game with a controller, buy it on steam and not on Origin.

Message 4 of 7 (1,968 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@EA_Illium No this isn't fixed. Even if I bought the game via Steam.
Message 5 of 7 (1,412 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I also bought the game via Steam, but I still have the Controller issue...

Message 6 of 7 (1,410 Views)

★★★ Newbie

it does not work, i have the same issue. XBOX Controler not recognized by the game.

Message 7 of 7 (1,339 Views)