EA Origin Customer Experience

by Black_Blade_1977

Original Post

Accepted Solution

EA Origin Customer Experience

★ Novice

The customer experience here at EA for “Origin” turned out to be (again) literally a nightmare. Hence, a feedback to raise user awareness:

I had some time ago the “pleasure” to contact EA via support hotline, as they do not give the option to reach out via email (annoying). I tried to explain them that my Command & Conquer Tiberium Wars serial key is not accepted by the Origin app and that I read in the EA forum that it would require an activation via support hotline, but obviously in vain. In the end the message was: buy the game again (annoying).

Now I bought “A way out” via Steam only to find out right afterwards that I paid the triple price of what it effectively costs on Origin (annoying). Even though it is written one can invite a friend to join and play for free, it is in the end not possible to start the friend mode and an error message appears by the second player: “you need to buy the game” (VERY annoying).

After already spending ages on creating another Origin account for the friend (annoying), because the recaptcha process is messed up (I never had issues with “I am no robot” recaptcha’s ANYWHERE else) it ultimately turns out the game doesn’t let itself be installed on the second PC due to a DirectX error message (very annoying). So we bought the game twice and we cannot play it. Great!

After wasting hours and knowing I am not able to simply contact EA for a refund (as there are enough painful roadblocks in the way to avoid end consumers being motivated to reach out to EA) for such a messed up product, I give up and just say: a nightmare user experience! From now on I will stick to Steam and avoid games via Origin.

Message 1 of 5 (1,517 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: EA Origin Customer Experience

Community Manager

Hi there, @Black_Blade_1977.

I'm really sorry for all the frustration. We have a few different options for help with this. You can open a case and choose email as your contact option to get help through email. However, choosing chat or phone support will be quicker. You can also message @EAHelp through Twitter or go to facebook.com/eahelphub to reach an advisor. If your games were purchased through Origin, they should be able to check to see if a refund is available. 

For the issue with A Way Out, the friend needed to download the Friend's Pass. More information on that can be found here.

Aljo.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 5 (1,463 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hi there, @Black_Blade_1977.

I'm really sorry for all the frustration. We have a few different options for help with this. You can open a case and choose email as your contact option to get help through email. However, choosing chat or phone support will be quicker. You can also message @EAHelp through Twitter or go to facebook.com/eahelphub to reach an advisor. If your games were purchased through Origin, they should be able to check to see if a refund is available. 

For the issue with A Way Out, the friend needed to download the Friend's Pass. More information on that can be found here.

Aljo.png
Message 2 of 5 (1,464 Views)

★ Novice

Hello

Thanks for your reply! I have a stressful week behind me, therefore replying only now to your message.

The link is helpful: at least I know now that the friendpass only works for Playstation. We bought two PC versions of the game, one via Steam and one via Origin. :-/

I will take another shot in trying to resolve the problem and try your link to see if I can get help. I tried the recommendations from the forum last weekend, the solution did not work in my case, even though I managed to get the installation completed afterwards.

Message 3 of 5 (1,432 Views)

Community Manager

Hello, again, @Black_Blade_1977.

I'm glad to hear that stressful week is behind you! Was support able to help with this?

Aljo.png
Message 4 of 5 (1,411 Views)

★ Novice

Hello

Thanks for asking and following up! I didn't manage to look into this earlier and I retried only now reinstalling everything again. Out of whatever reason, after trying so many times it suddenly works. Standard smile

Hence, I do not need to open a ticket anymore. No clue what solved the problem. The only difference I could identify is that there was an Origin app update in the meanwhile. Maybe that helped.

Thanks for your support! Have a good weekend!

Message 5 of 5 (1,359 Views)