Re: Can't play further repairing the truck (a way out)

by glennefj

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Can't play further repairing the truck (a way out)

★★★ Newbie

Product: A Way Out
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which mode has this happened in? Online Co-Op
Which character were you controlling? Vincent
Summarize your bug When we where at the barn trying to fix the truck the handle wich you use to lift up the truck was stuck so we couldnt. Push the truck to get the battery running.
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I think it happend because i pulled out the log under the car when my friend was still holding on to the crowbar
What happens when the bug occurs? Wel you are stuck because we couldnt push the car out of the barn and spend ages looking for a dam batteryp
What do you expect to see? That either it is fixed so this cant happen or that you make it so that we can push the car even if the crowbar is stuck in there

It is in the farm where you need to fix the truck. At the beginning of the game just after you escaped prison. I noticed that in videos when you pull the log under the truck after you have placed the tire that the bar/ pipe used to lift up the truck should fall away but it was stuck in place. And we couldn't do anything to get it out and we couldn't push the truck
Message 1 of 6 (35,647 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager (retired)

Hey @Chaser035

It's funny because my friend and I encountered the same issue. I was the one who removed the log too soon and then we spent next 20 minutes trying to figure out how to push the car out of the barn Disappointed

But reloading the last checkpoint and doing it the correct way (use the pinch bar, then remove the log) did the trick for us Standard smile

/Ataashi

View in thread

Message 2 of 6 (38,117 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager (retired)

Hey @Chaser035

It's funny because my friend and I encountered the same issue. I was the one who removed the log too soon and then we spent next 20 minutes trying to figure out how to push the car out of the barn Disappointed

But reloading the last checkpoint and doing it the correct way (use the pinch bar, then remove the log) did the trick for us Standard smile

/Ataashi

Message 2 of 6 (38,118 Views)

★ Novice
Yea, i loaded the checkpoint and solved it. With me Leo's camera got bug, when he was going to turn on the truck, the camera would appear in front of the tractor.
Frown
Message 3 of 6 (35,316 Views)

★ Novice

Me and my friend had the same issue, couldn’t start the car and got the camera bug when trying. 

The camera location revealed that we were probably supposed to push it. Found this thread and reloaded last checkpoint to fix it. 

I believe my friend used the rod to lift the car as the first thing he did, before the tire was even installed. 

After installing the wheel, we couldn’t do anything else than fill gas, open hood or try starting (with wrong camera location). 

So issue sue is still present. 

Message 4 of 6 (26,096 Views)

★★★ Newbie

The same thing, the funniest part is that me and my friend thought that the battery is somewhere in the house with the stuck camera

Message 5 of 6 (23,319 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@o4enslabo
On PS4 it is also solved by pressing L3 ( run ) on both players.
Message 6 of 6 (11,068 Views)