Audio issues in A Way Out

by LosSenpai

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Audio issues in A Way Out

★★★ Newbie

Hi EA.

I have a problem in A Way Out.

I can't hear the direct dialogue, which makes the game pretty sad. I can hear all the back ground noices, but not the stuff where they speak to eachother.

Any fix?

I am using Steelseries Siberia 840 headset.

Jimmi

Message 1 of 10 (31,107 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Audio issues in A Way Out

Community Manager

@LosSenpai The headset you posted about is a 5.1 surround sound headset so it will support a lot more than mono. Can you try playing around with your audio settings and try different settings. Also, if you are on an Xbox can you ensure that your console is not outputting in Dolby Atmos and instead uncompressed stereo. 

Darko.png

View in thread

Message 6 of 10 (32,378 Views)

All Replies

Champion (Retired)

Hi @LosSenpai

Can you please tell me if you are on PC, XBOX or PS4?

Greetings,

Babyhuehnchen

Answeres provided by real chickens

Message 2 of 10 (31,025 Views)

Community Manager

@LosSenpai Can you check your audio settings and ensure that it is not set for surround sound. 

Darko.png
Message 3 of 10 (31,003 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I am on pc 😀
Message 4 of 10 (30,998 Views)

★★★ Newbie
My audio is set for headphones, and my headphones only have mono as an opportunity
Message 5 of 10 (30,997 Views)

Community Manager

@LosSenpai The headset you posted about is a 5.1 surround sound headset so it will support a lot more than mono. Can you try playing around with your audio settings and try different settings. Also, if you are on an Xbox can you ensure that your console is not outputting in Dolby Atmos and instead uncompressed stereo. 

Darko.png
Message 6 of 10 (32,379 Views)

Champion (Retired)

Heya @LosSenpai

this is what the devs posted on discord about this

I can't hear any dialogue in the game!

--------------------

Your audio settings may be set up to use 5.1, when you are are using stereo speakers. Check your audio settings to make sure they are correctly set.

Can you please try if this works.

Greetings,

Babyhuehnchen

Answeres provided by real chickens

Message 7 of 10 (30,984 Views)

A Way Out no sound in online play

★★★ Newbie

The sound works perfectly fine in main menu, options, credits, and play local. When I click Play online, the audio and sound cuts out for the game and on my computer in general as soon as a lobby is created.

Message 8 of 10 (30,116 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I know this is a year old and everything but I also have a SteelSeries Headset, What I think you have to do is go into the actual headset app/engine (for us SteelSeries Engine 3) and I took off surround sound 7.1 off. 

Message 9 of 10 (27,471 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@LosSenpai If your headset has a chat mode disable that device. It can cause an issue with the games trying to use it as a preferred speech device.
Message 10 of 10 (22,742 Views)