Re: A way Out No controller support ?

by xofeixel

Original Post

A way Out No controller support ?

★ Novice

So today I bought a game "A way Out" in which i choose local play 
in Player One it shows Keyboard and Mouse and in Player two it says press A to join. When I press A in controller nothing happens and I can play that game.
Plz help

Message 1 of 6 (31,012 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
Hello. Open Steam>Click Add A Game(Bottom left corner)>Add a non Steam Game>Browse>C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\AWayOut\Haze1\Binaries\Win64\AWayOut.exe
Run it from Steam Library. Happy gaming.
Message 2 of 6 (30,977 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Newbie

Hi there,

I've done this on my game and it doesn't work. I'm trying to run it through steam link so we can play in the living room but the best i've been able to do is get it to think one of the controllers is the mouse (which i did not do on purpose).

i've added it to steam as a non-steam game, what else could I try?

Thanks

Message 3 of 6 (30,878 Views)

★ Novice

I also have the same issue.

Direct on PC:

Player 1 stuck on keyboard and player 2 can join with a controller but I can't have both using a controller or have player 1 use a controller.

Using Steam Link:

Player 1 stuck on keyboard and player 2 can't join.

Message 4 of 6 (30,863 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have just been on a support chat with EA about this exact issue after buying the game for my PC.

Eventually the answer is:

SurajI would like to share that in order to work properly you will need at least a keyboard and a controller

SurajIt must identify another controler .

SurajThe keyboard is being identified as one player , but there should be another controller to be identified as second player.

SurajI am afraid to say that to play locally the game needs to identify both the players as there are multiple controls in the game .

So, in short if you want to play locally with 2 people on the same PC you need a controller of some kind for the second player.

Additional response from EA when I asked them why they didn't allow use of the same keyboard with different keys mapped for each player:

SurajThis has been tested on one keyboard and there were lot of issues .

Message 5 of 6 (30,654 Views)

★★★ Newbie

this is the best solution bro : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFOhaV9GKJc

Message 6 of 6 (29,084 Views)