Re: A Way Out friend pass

by Snuffduff

Original Post

Accepted Solution

A Way Out friend pass

★★★ Novice

So i recently bought this game and I'm now trying to play with a friend of mine via the friend pass. However when I invite her it tells her that she can't join because she doesn't own the game, when it should have been prompting her to download the firend pass, as descirbed in the offical guide. A manual download is also not possible as there is no trial or friend pass button on the store page of A Way Out. Can anyone help us with this?

Message 1 of 7 (2,699 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★ Novice

After a long time and many different tries, we have found a solution and I wanted to share it with everyone having the same problem. For some reason the button for the trial version, which also is the friend pass, magically appears if you open origin in the browser while you're NOT logged into yoour account. Simply click the button and log into your account when you get prompted to do so and it works fine. I don't know why you have to do it like that and I hope this issue will be fixed, as to me there is no plausible reason for this to be like that.

View in thread

Message 2 of 7 (2,648 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Novice

After a long time and many different tries, we have found a solution and I wanted to share it with everyone having the same problem. For some reason the button for the trial version, which also is the friend pass, magically appears if you open origin in the browser while you're NOT logged into yoour account. Simply click the button and log into your account when you get prompted to do so and it works fine. I don't know why you have to do it like that and I hope this issue will be fixed, as to me there is no plausible reason for this to be like that.

Message 2 of 7 (2,649 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have the same problem now. But the solution you've described doesn't work because i can only visit a friend if he's online in the origin store else i can't even invite him.

Message 3 of 7 (2,147 Views)

★★★ Novice

Assuming you are the one that has bought the game, let you friend do the steps i described. There is no need for an invitation before your friend downloaded the game. After clicking the download button in the web store they can just head back to their origin client, be logged in and receive invitations, etc. 

Message 4 of 7 (2,141 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@Snuffduff Okey we found the button, we were confused of the translation into german which was like "Be the first to try" and we thought that this was some kind of pre purchase of a dlc or something.
Message 5 of 7 (2,137 Views)

★★★ Novice

Yeah that confused me too, I'm glad i could be of help. 

Message 6 of 7 (2,131 Views)

Cant download the 'friend pass' of "a way out"

★★★ Newbie

i cant get the friends pass of "a way out"

Message 7 of 7 (1,129 Views)