Re: Cannot launch A Way Out through Steam

by EA_QueenBee

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Cannot launch A Way Out through Steam

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

This pop up appears when I try to open A Way Out through steam I got the game from the EA Play subscription on steam. I tried reinstalling the EA app, steam, and the game but nothing works.

Message 1 of 11 (6,173 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager
@t05oce2mawuc,

So you're also getting this from the EA app itself? That's peculiar. Can you try clearing the EA app cache in case there are old files in there preventing you from launching the game?

https://help.ea.com/en-gb/help/faq/clear-cache-to-fix-problems-with-your-games/#ea-app

It seems that A Way Out isn't quite able to grab a hold of the EA app to launch. If that doesn't work, try uninstalling the EA app and then launching A Way Out through Steam.

EA_QueenBeeAHQ.png

Wees aardig voor elkaar | Be kind to each other

View in thread

Message 4 of 11 (6,069 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager
Hey @t05oce2mawuc,

Is that the message you get when you try to launch A Way Out? Are you launching it from the Steam launcher directly, or via something else, and are you receiving any other errors?

If you could provide a bit more information, I'll do my best to help! Standard smile

EA_QueenBeeAHQ.png

Message 2 of 11 (6,118 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

That s the error i get when launching it from steam. I tried launching it from the ea app but it redirects me to steam and i get the same error. I dont get any other errors

Message 3 of 11 (6,077 Views)

Community Manager
@t05oce2mawuc,

So you're also getting this from the EA app itself? That's peculiar. Can you try clearing the EA app cache in case there are old files in there preventing you from launching the game?

https://help.ea.com/en-gb/help/faq/clear-cache-to-fix-problems-with-your-games/#ea-app

It seems that A Way Out isn't quite able to grab a hold of the EA app to launch. If that doesn't work, try uninstalling the EA app and then launching A Way Out through Steam.

EA_QueenBeeAHQ.png

Message 4 of 11 (6,070 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I have tried to uninstall the ea app and install it through steam when launching the game but it still doesn't work. I will try to clean the cache when i get home.

Message 5 of 11 (6,062 Views)

Community Manager
@t05oce2mawuc,

No rush, let me know if it helps! Standard smile

EA_QueenBeeAHQ.png

Message 6 of 11 (6,046 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thank you so much for the help, clearing the cache worked.

Message 7 of 11 (6,031 Views)

Community Manager
@t05oce2mawuc,

Glad to hear it! Thank you for your patience; it took a little bit of fiddling to get there, but I'm glad you can launch A Way Out now!

EA_QueenBeeAHQ.png

Message 8 of 11 (6,017 Views)

★★★ Newbie

My buddy is not able to.  Clearing cache did nothing. Any suggestions? This is the only game giving him issues

Message 9 of 11 (4,129 Views)

★★★ Newbie

ME TOO BUDDY I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM I TRIED CLEARING CACHE AND UNINSTALL EA APP BUT NOTHING WORKED. CAN SOMEONE HELPS..

Message 10 of 11 (2,526 Views)