Re: A way out crashes on connection to friend

by BlackjackWidow

Original Post

★★★ Novice

attached is the english version of the DxDiag.

i just tried the intel fix ... didn't work here. takes less than a minute to crash when i'm in the settings of the game doing nothing

Message 11 of 19 (2,254 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

hey guys, is there any news on this from the developers?

we've changed all components but the mainboard, cpu and the gpu so far. nothing changed.

my girlfriend said today, that she could enter the game with the old computer. this had another graphics card too. can it be the radeon?

this game is of no value to us like this, and i don't think we will buy a new card just for one game.

Message 12 of 19 (2,194 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

i attached the english version of the dxdiag and nothing happened since june. sorry, but i'm not used to this kind of "support".

the problem still persists. even worse, the game now crashes on both since i upgraded the older pc to a 11th gen i5.

fresh install on completely new hardware, only the graphics card is the same. so it's not directx, old drivers, safe boot, admin rights, repair, reinstall or whatever. the game just doesn't work with 11th gen intel processors. all the workarounds that are available don't work either.

thank you for trying to help guys, but we're definitely not buying any ea games until this game is fixed.

Message 13 of 19 (1,881 Views)

@batarilo - It seems likely this is an issue with the 11th Intel processors. In reading the notes about the Intel suggested fix, there are some instances where setting the variable via command line is not going to work. 

Try creating the environmental variable in control panel instead:

• Search for "System Environment" in the Windows search bar
  • Click on the "Edit System Environment Variables" to bring up the System Properties window
  • Advanced tab > click "Environment Variables" 
  • Under the System Variables, click "New" (make sure it's the system variables, not the user variables)
  • Enter the following:
    • Variable Name: OPENSSL_ia32cap
    • Variable Value: ~0x20000000
  • Click OK on the box, then close the system properties
  • Reboot the PC

Let us know if this makes a difference Fingers crossed

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

You can help others too! If a post solved your issue, click the Accept As Solution button. Was a post helpful to you? Click the +XP button to let them know

Message 14 of 19 (11,037 Views)

★★★ Novice

I tried 4 different versions of this environment variables before, yours is the first one that works.

Would be something that should come from EA staff directly though.

Appreciate your work. Thank you very much!

Message 15 of 19 (1,849 Views)

@batarilo You're very welcome. Thanks for letting us know it worked.

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

You can help others too! If a post solved your issue, click the Accept As Solution button. Was a post helpful to you? Click the +XP button to let them know

Message 16 of 19 (1,843 Views)

★★★ Newbie

april 23 2022 this is still a problem. I found several solutions for a new enviornmental variable but only one worked. Its a pain that this has not been corrected, puts a real damper on what should be a fun coop game.

Message 17 of 19 (1,006 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

i've tried to solve it using your way and it works! im sooooo glad because idk what to do just now, and im so blank to no the source of whats the main reason of the crash. thanks for this, really appreciate it!

Message 18 of 19 (507 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This method fixed my Way out aswell, but since I typed it every game is lagging, every game is running on half FPS than before :O

Any idea why?

Message 19 of 19 (347 Views)
Twitter Stream