A Way Out Your Game Failed to Launch

by linckh

Original Post

Accepted Solution

A Way Out Your Game Failed to Launch

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I purchased this game on Steam last year, I just installed it yesterday but upon opening the game, it wouldn't launch and an error message popped up saying that "Your game failed to launch" 

Here's what I have tried so far to get it to work.
1. I uninstalled the game and the EA App, reinstalled game and the EA App and logged to my EA App account that is linked to my Steam. ( Didn't work and I did this twice already )

2. After reinstalling the game and the EA App, I did a PC restart and I ran the EA App as an administrator and tried launching the game in Steam. ( Didn't work either )

3. Then after that I tried to run the EA App Recovery to clear cache, it restarted the app entirely and then I tried launching the game from Steam. ( This didn't work)

4, Lastly I tried unlinking and relinking my EA account from Steam tried launching the game again but this one didn't work too.

In the screenshot I uploaded when I go to my collection I see the game is grayed out and says "unavailable" and then also says "An incompatible version of this game is installed on your device, Uninstall the EA app version to launch", I did that, I tried uninstalling the EA App and tried launching the game without the EA App but while the game is launching it automatically reinstall the EA App.

I did everything I know that might fix my problem but nothing worked. Anyone has any idea on how to fix this issue?

Message 1 of 9 (4,492 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: A Way Out Your Game Failed to Launch

★★★★★ Newbie

I find a way to fix my problem :

• uninstall A Way Out from from Steam app
  • uninstall A Way Out from from EA App
  • close EA App
  • launch App Recovery.lnk from EA Desktop folder as admin to clear EA App cache
  • install A way out from steam

I hope it'll work for you!

View in thread

Message 9 of 9 (3,246 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Newbie
@linckh Hey have you figured this out it happend to me to
Message 2 of 9 (4,207 Views)

Community Manager
@linckh Wanted to check if you are still running into issues?

Illium.png

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Message 3 of 9 (4,074 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

@EA_IlliumHi, I have the same problem. The same pop-up shows up. I bought the game via Steam a couple of months ago. I just found out that in 'my collection', the exclamation mark says that 'An incompatible version of this game is installed on your device. Uninstall the EA app version to launch'. But I can't delete the EA app version because I can't see the three buttons to uninstall the game in the EA app. It does show for It Takes Two (because I already played that one), but not for A Way Out. 

Message 4 of 9 (3,966 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
@EA_Illium I have the exact same issue on my side.

I Bought A way out on steam and since the update from Origin to EA app, I can't launch the game anymore.
Message 5 of 9 (3,727 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have the same exact error with a way out but not with other games. 

Message 6 of 9 (3,452 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Same problem here

Message 7 of 9 (3,418 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Does the error say “invalid license, missing DLL”?

Message 8 of 9 (3,275 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I find a way to fix my problem :

• uninstall A Way Out from from Steam app
  • uninstall A Way Out from from EA App
  • close EA App
  • launch App Recovery.lnk from EA Desktop folder as admin to clear EA App cache
  • install A way out from steam

I hope it'll work for you!

Message 9 of 9 (3,247 Views)