Re: why does my origin say online login is currently unavailable

by xNicolaH

Original Post

Accepted Solution

why does my origin say online login is currently unavailable

★★ Novice

SO all i want to do is download sims 3 onto my mac. Origin won't even let me log in because it says "online login is currently unavailable". So I searched though this ask page, and found that a lot of other people have had this problem, I found a way to fix it through typing some stuff through my terminal, and that got it working. I thought it was all good I started downloading sims 3. I come back to my mac, and it says the downloading was paused because I was offline, and it wouldn't let me go back online when I pressed it. So I closed origin and started it back up and I am now back to square one, and it won't let me log back in the way I did before through my terminal. My internet connection is not the problem, origin is the problem and this needs to be fixed, because I'm currently extremely angry and frustrated at how much work this is to get done, and feel as though it is a waste of my money. If this cannot be fixed, does anyone have any suggestions on what I should do, or any other methods to download sims 3 onto my mac?

Message 1 of 7 (25,542 Views)

Accepted Solution

EA DICE Team

@Emilykee99

This issue is usually caused when a program such as an anti-virus or firewall is blocking access to the Origin app. Please make sure that you've allowed the correct permissions.

If the issue persists, please follow the steps in the following articles:

View in thread

Message 2 of 7 (25,617 Views)

All Replies

EA DICE Team

@Emilykee99

This issue is usually caused when a program such as an anti-virus or firewall is blocking access to the Origin app. Please make sure that you've allowed the correct permissions.

If the issue persists, please follow the steps in the following articles:

Message 2 of 7 (25,618 Views)

★★★ Newbie

How do you check the permissions in an anti-virus or firewall?

Message 3 of 7 (23,892 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I did allow it on everything on my computer such as public or private network but its still offline mode when I have good internet too!

Message 4 of 7 (23,046 Views)

★★ Novice

how do you allow access to the anti-virus wall

Message 5 of 7 (21,927 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I am now having this problem. I have an HP but I am wondering if it is because my parents changed the internet but I haven't been able to get online to play Sims 4 to see

Message 6 of 7 (15,602 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Hey there, everyone.

As this thread is a few years old, I'm going to go ahead and close it out.

That said, if you are having the same or similar issues, please feel free to create a new thread and we'll be happy to help. For one on one assistance with an EA Help game advisor, please reach out at https://help.ea.com.

Arrenai Cat

Did you receive an awesome, helpful response? Thumbs up +XP!

Was your issue resolved by a great post?  Accept as Solution

ASK. ANSWER. LEVEL UP.

Stay and Play.png
Message 7 of 7 (15,546 Views)