Re: when update windows

by ivrognard

Original Post

when update windows

★★★ Newbie

I want to ask and want to know the cause.before it had happened, at that time I was playing apex legends and at that time no problem occurred. after that when I want to turn off the computer, it turns out I have to update windows and at that time when loading is running and suddenly the monitor is dark but the pc is still on, and finally I restarted my computer and turned out it failed to update windows. then when I want to play apex legends there is a problem like the character movement like broken or lag, then I have tried various things such as re-installing apex legends and reinstalling the origin but the problem is not resolved. actually I'm not the first person to experience something like this. help me to overcome this and thank you very much

Message 1 of 6 (439 Views)

Community Manager

The best thing to do @Creamysharxx is to ensure that your OS is fully up to date.

Once done try the game again to see if you see the same issues and if so grab a DxDiag and share it with me so I can take a look at your system: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

Darko

Darko.png
Message 2 of 6 (416 Views)

★★★ Newbie

this is my DxDiag. Please help this problem Frown. Thank youu...

Message 3 of 6 (410 Views)

@Creamysharxx looking at the dxdiag, i think you will have to update to a more recent Win10 build (at least 1803, preferably the latest). Quite a few recent games seem to have troubles with the older builds. So keeping the OS up-to-date is a must in our days.

Options: a clean reinstall and update or download the latest build from MS and install it, using your serial number.

I do not work for EA and i am not associated with the company in any way. I am a player just like you, trying to help wherever i can.I will not answer to any unsolicited PM.

Message 4 of 6 (405 Views)

★★★ Newbie
so the first i must reinstall apex legends and update my windows??
Message 5 of 6 (398 Views)

@Creamysharxx more like update or reinstall Windows and then try to reinstall ApexEmbarrassed

So try updating Windows first (again - and i do know that is annoying). If the update fails again, check your administrator rights. IF everything is okay with those and you are allowed to update, install, delete and so on (full administration rights), than the Windows may have an entirely different problem and a reinstallation may be in order. 

I do not work for EA and i am not associated with the company in any way. I am a player just like you, trying to help wherever i can.I will not answer to any unsolicited PM.

Message 6 of 6 (343 Views)