Re: when can i cancel/refund mass effect andromeda preorder?

by Serlo_the_Savage

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

My pre-load email says MEA is eligible for the great game gaurantee, so you should be able to get a refund.  Even before the first 24 hours when you first play it too, according the the policy.

Why there is no refund link in the order history page, like there should be, is beyond me.   EA being crappy to its customers with sleezy sales tactics is the only explanation.

Mass Effect™: Andromeda
PC Download
Origin Great Game Guarantee: Eligible
(Pre-Order)
Message 11 of 45 (2,004 Views)

★★★ Newbie

"You can't request a refund for Pre-orders, please read Great Game Guarantee Policy https://www.origin.com/usa/en-us/store/great-game-guarantee-terms"

According to the great game guarantee, you can request a refund for pre-orders: "Refund requests can be made within twenty-four (24) hours after you first launch the game, within seven (7) days from your date of purchase, or within seven (7) days from the game's release date if you pre-ordered, whichever comes first."

I currently qualify. I haven't launched the game, I purchased 2 days ago, and the game releases in 4 days. I would also like a refund but I do not have the option when I go to my order history. My receipt indicates that the game IS ELIGIBLE for the great game guarantee, so I'm not sure why I don't see the refund request in my order history. 

Message 12 of 45 (1,975 Views)

★★★★ Novice

The 7 days purchase thing is totally Bs, if the purchase is made as a preorder before the game comes out.

It should be after release only.

Message 13 of 45 (1,836 Views)

★★ Novice

I wonder if trial version launch is concidered as a first game launch after which you are elegible to make a refund in 24 hours.

Message 14 of 45 (1,800 Views)

★ Novice

well i did try to refund Mass effect Andromeda today but i see no option. Steam accept pre-order refund,what is the a problem Origin? hope i will be able to have a refund after Mass effect Andromeda launch

Message 15 of 45 (1,714 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Well, I assume they are getting tired of arguing with people. Found out that day 1 patch is already in the trial, of which i played and found it atrocious. All I did was ask and they refunded me no questions asked. So you might want to try again. 

Message 16 of 45 (1,581 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Do you need * access to cancel it? It's not showing in my order history or anything. 

Message 17 of 45 (1,511 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I tried leaving the "live chat" open for the entire length of a movie and then some (8am - 11:76)

No chat happened at all.

Message 18 of 45 (1,423 Views)

★ Apprentice

Make sure when viewing order history for Origin, that you show the date you pre-ordered.  I had to go back to november to see mine in my order history because that's when I pre-ordered.

Message 19 of 45 (1,385 Views)

★ Novice

I cancelled my order for Mass Effect Andromeda with their chat option, it took about 20  minutes to do and the tech seemed confused.  They kept greeting me as if I just joined the chat.  But it is refunded, I am so done with this company.  They are a shell of their former self.

Message 20 of 45 (1,244 Views)