Re: verify ownership of your Origin account

by EA_Darko

Original Post

verify ownership of your Origin account

★★★ Newbie

<< Player account security is very important to EA. Before we assist in making any changes to your account, we need to verify the account's ownership. : 

This helps ensure that your account stays safe and secure.. 

Case Number: ****** 

Once connected, follow the steps to verify Your Informations we appreciate your understanding as we work to ensure security. >>

Did you guys receive an email like this from Lyonardo R. 
EA Customer Experience?

Message 1 of 8 (3,162 Views)

Community Manager

@theGraussie That sounds dodgy alright. I assume you haven't initiated any contact recently?

Can you PM me the URL that the mail tries to redirect you to, and the email address that sent you the mail?

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 2 of 8 (3,152 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

Did you contact EA support to solve an account problem, or not?

What is the full message? Does it contain any fishy links, that may not be EA site links?

We need more information to see if this is legal, as for some cases Game Advisors are allowed to ask for some of your account details to verify the ownership of your account.

However, if it says to log to some unknown site (we need to see the link and the full message first) and that asks you for your account details just to log in, then that is a fake phishing site.

You can also see your past conversations, with support here: http://help.ea.com/en/my-conversations/ . This way, you can also see if an real agent requested this, with one of your past cases.

EDIT: David was faster, please follow his instructions. 

Message 3 of 8 (3,146 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

@EA_David

@XXXO77O4906

Origin EA Support ([edit: email address removed])

Dear customer 

Security Center 

Please verify ownership of your Origin account 

Player account security is very important to EA. Before we assist in making any changes to your account, we need to verify the account's ownership. : 

This helps ensure that your account stays safe and secure.. 

Case Number: 211502 

Once connected, follow the steps to verify Your Informations we appreciate your understanding as we work to ensure security. 

To verify your account, Please Follow The Deatails in this link : [Edit:  removed]

Regards, Lyonardo R. 
EA Customer Experience.

© Electronic Arts Inc. Trademarks belong to their respective owners. All rights reserved. .

Message 4 of 8 (3,134 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

@theGraussie Yep, that's a scam/phishing attempt. Do not follow the link or enter your details there. It's probably a good idea to swap to a different email address for your Origin account. If you want to PM me there is another piece of information that I would like to get from you.

Thanks for your diligence in such matters. It's important to always keep an eye out for such behaviour.

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 5 of 8 (3,129 Views)

★★★ Newbie

okay.

Thank you guys, both of you, for helping me! 

Message 6 of 8 (3,127 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi  I fixed my computer and that's when I started having this problem.  Before I could log in without being conntected online but now they won't let me.  I have contacted EA several times but they never respond.  It says the game needs access to the internet in order to verify ownership of this game.  Please ensure that your computer is online and try again.  This is not normal.

Message 7 of 8 (2,028 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @Sevj333 as this thread is quite old I've gone ahead and locked it.

Please make a new thread with as much info as possible and we will assist as best we can.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 8 of 8 (1,967 Views)