Re: update

by EA_Nils

Original Post

Accepted Solution

update

★ Novice

Ok, I have installed origin before and it installed fine and I used it, I uninstalled it, I am now re-installing it and I have been trying to do for a week, I have downloaded the installer, ran it, installs origin, when I go to open origin it updates and then says, "your update could not be completed. Please download and install the latest version of Origin from https://download.dm.origin.com/origin/live/OriginSetup.exe I did that and the same error happened, I have restarted my computer, waited a day to see if it would fix, same issue, I uninstalled origin and tried again, same error. 

I am running windows 10 64-bit.

i5-4460 without turbo boost.

16 gb of Ram

GTX 960 2gb

120GB SSD

2TB HDD

I have tried installing on both my SSD and on my HDD.

any help if all is appreciated.

Message 1 of 4 (290 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager

@tomrubberduc Hi again,

Please check that you do not have any programs running that my cause conflict with Origin.

Next double check that all the permissions for any internet security software, firewall or anti-virus are still still present and set correctly.

Last but not least, you may want to try user a new Windows User Account and see whether you are able to proceed on there.

Let me know how you get on.

Cheers,

Nils

View in thread

Message 4 of 4 (243 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

@tomrubberduc  Hi, 

First off, please download the Origin installation file from here: https://www.origin.com/download

Next, please navigate to your download folder and right click the "OriginThinSetup.exe" file and choose "Run As Administrator".

If that still does not work, and the installation fails, please follow the below steps in exact order:

1. Manually uninstall Origin.
  2. Run CCleaner.
  3. Restart your router/modem and do a Clean Boot.
  4. Make sure that your UAC is enabled and set to notify.
  5. Download the latest version of Origin and install the client - make sure to run the setup file with administrator rights.
  6. Add firewall/antivirus exceptions for Origin and open the needed ports.
  7. When starting Origin, please make sure to run it as Administrator.

Let us know how you get on afterwards.

Cheers,

Nils

Message 2 of 4 (282 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

I still have the same issues, and my firewall is turned off as I was running a server. but I had origin run before when I was running the same server.

Message 3 of 4 (272 Views)

Community Manager

@tomrubberduc Hi again,

Please check that you do not have any programs running that my cause conflict with Origin.

Next double check that all the permissions for any internet security software, firewall or anti-virus are still still present and set correctly.

Last but not least, you may want to try user a new Windows User Account and see whether you are able to proceed on there.

Let me know how you get on.

Cheers,

Nils

Message 4 of 4 (244 Views)