Re: update error 10:0

by INicexixI

Original Post

update error 10:0

★★ Newbie

Trying to update to the latest version of origin and received an error code 10:0. What does this mean?

Message 1 of 8 (3,248 Views)

★ Novice

Honestly I'm getting sick of the new Origin since every single update is just a hassle to download because it has so many damn issues. Wish they'd just allow BF1 and all their other titles on Steam it would be so much less of a hassle than going though their awful launcher.

Message 2 of 8 (3,210 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

I'm having the same problem. After the failed update, I can't even launch Origin anymore. A windows pops up saying Origin installation requires an internet connection, but we were unable to connect to the internet. Please check your connection and try again. And it gives me a link to download the origin installer directly.

I would try doing it manually but don't want to lost 150GB of games that I will have to spend another 3 nights downloading if the installer wipes them out.

EDIT/UPDATE:

I installed the latest version manually and it worked. None of my games were uninstalled.

Message 3 of 8 (3,194 Views)

★★ Novice

How did you install it "manually"?

I have the same problem, TY

Message 4 of 8 (3,131 Views)

★ Apprentice

Sorry, I didnt see your reply until now.

The issue happened to me again so I again just downloaded the latest version from here:
https://www.origin.com/can/en-us/store/download

and installed it over the existing Origin install and it worked.

Message 5 of 8 (2,809 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

Hey...  @Boogsster

Try this maybe will help you...

Completely remove Origin and related files from your system; this means that you should no longer have an Origin folder in your C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin location. We've also seen examples of players removing OriginThinSetupInternal.exe which helped them install Origin.

Once removed, download and install the latest client version as administrator.

[Am not working for EA, If is answer good pls give me XP or accept as solution.]

Thanks for using ANSWERS HQ!

Message 6 of 8 (2,787 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Expert

Hey...  @Boogsster

Try this maybe will help you...

Completely remove Origin and related files from your system; this means that you should no longer have an Origin folder in your C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin location. We've also seen examples of players removing OriginThinSetupInternal.exe which helped them install Origin.

Once removed, download and install the latest client version as administrator.

[Am not working for EA, If is answer good pls give me XP or accept as solution.]

Thanks for using ANSWERS HQ!

Message 7 of 8 (2,779 Views)

★ Novice

It would appear that in my case it was the presence of -

C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin\plugins\ShiftDirectDownload\ShiftDirectDownload.dll

that caused the problem, as that was all that was left after the previous update failure that was different in the Origin folder when compared to the successful install.

Putting it back after successful install and starting up Origin client proved all games were still acknowledged as installed.

Quick test of one of the games, Dead Space 3, .. game started with no problems.

As I say, this is my case of experiencing this error, may not be the same for all.  However, if this is a common occurrence, games installed to a location other than the default, and installed on another drive to the Origin client .. maybe EA can localise the problem .... maybe?

Message 8 of 8 (2,662 Views)