trying to play sims 4 trial on new laptop

by okossiSytaf

Original Post

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

trying to play sims 4 trial on new laptop

★★★★ Novice

hello, I am trying to play the sims 4 trial on my new ASUS Vivobook 17. I downloaded origin and when I tried to put the trial in my library, it said {FAILED _ CHECKOUT}. This is a brand new laptop, I haven't even done anything with yet. What should I do?

Message 1 of 31 (2,078 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [ref. #FAILED_CHECKOUT]

[ Edited ]
EA SPORTS FC Team

@tayoulareine Could you please check again and maybe reboot the PC and clear Origin's cache if you're still getting this error message?

I can see that we made some changes and I'm curious to see if it works now for you.

UPDATE

We've released a fix for this and you should now be able to download and install The Sims 4 Trial without running into the Failed Checkout error message. 

Jason.png

View in thread

Message 27 of 31 (1,917 Views)

All Replies

Re: trying to play sims 4 trial on new laptop

Community Manager
@okossiSytaf To confirm are you trying to purchase from the web store or through the Origin Client? Also, can you share a screenshot of the page you are on to get sims 4?

Illium.png

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Message 2 of 31 (2,004 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I am trying to get the 48 trial of the game.

Message 3 of 31 (1,990 Views)

★★★★ Novice

This is what I get every time. I have deleted origin, I have checked if I could play the game on this laptop, which I can, it meets the requirements, and I have restarted the laptop over and over and I deleted the necessary files as well. 

2021-03-09 (1).png

Message 4 of 31 (1,987 Views)

Community Manager
@okossiSytaf To confirm this looks like the full game, does it give this error when hitting the orange button?

Illium.png

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Message 5 of 31 (1,953 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I am having the same problem with sims 4 trial.  Tried in web browser and through origin and getting the same Failed _checkout error.

Try it first brings up a page to add game to library and then get the error.

Orange button wants you to sign up for a subscription or buy the game.

Message 6 of 31 (1,918 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I just wanted to do the trial, so it happens when I press on "Try It First".

Message 7 of 31 (1,901 Views)

[ref. #FAILED_CHECKOUT]

★★★ Newbie

I've been attempting to try the free trial of The Sims 4. I go to this page, hit "Try it First", then press "Add to Game Library"; but after that, it always shows an error with the text "An error occurred. Please try again later. [ref: #FAILED_CHECKOUT]". Does anyone know what's happening here?

Message 8 of 31 (1,910 Views)

Re: [ref. #FAILED_CHECKOUT]

Community Manager

@Sniccups63 @okossiSytaf @gazza5066 To confirm can you try to clear cookies and cache or try an incognito mode to see if this continues?

Illium.png

Message 9 of 31 (1,797 Views)

sims

★★★ Novice

Hello, I wanted to try Sims 4 so I can maybe do more chores to maybe buy it.

so I went and downloaded origins and then when I tried to download it it keeps saying this 

Whoops!
An error occurred. Please try again later. [ref. #FAILED_CHECKOUT]

what does this mean can I not try it?

I'm on pc, not mac

Message 10 of 31 (1,805 Views)